About Education Law Center-PA
The Education Law Center-PA, a statewide nonprofit legal advocacy organization that has played a leading role on key issues of educational equity and civil rights since 1975.
The mission of the Education Law Center is to ensure that all children in Pennsylvania have access to a quality public education. ELC accomplishes this mission through multiple strategies, including direct legal representation, impact litigation, educating parents and students about their legal rights, working in partnership with community-based groups, and policy advocacy. Our work focuses on issues of access and equity for students historically underserved by public education, including students of color, students with disabilities, English language learners, students experiencing homelessness, LGBTQ youth, and students involved in the foster care and juvenile justice systems. We work to dismantle the school-to-prison pipeline, secure fair and adequate funding for public schools, and ensure that all children have access to the full range of opportunities.
Generocity Coverage (6 posts)
- Power moves: Jennifer Lowman is West Philadelphia Alliance for Children’s new executive director
- On the Market: 63 jobs that invite you to make a new start in the new year
- On the market: 29 openings at nonprofits large and small
- Power Moves: Jessica Attie joins Education Law Center
- On the Market: 30 openings at museums, foundations, service providers and more
- On the Market: Openings at Fairmount Park Conservancy, Pathways to Housing PA, Education Law Center and 10 more