About Songs in the Key of Free
Songs in the Key of Free is a nonprofit that partners with arts organizations such as the Curtis Institute and Mural Arts to bring music workshops to SCI Graterford in hopes of restoring dignity to a population that has been dehumanized and disempowered. It was founded by musician Miles Butler and educator August Tarrier in 2016.
Generocity Coverage (5 posts)
- Songs in the Key of Free is crowdfunding to produce an album of inmates’ music
- 70+ Philly nonprofits to support this #GivingTuesday
- Americans want fewer prisoners. What’s art have to do with it?
- 10 things you should know about reentry in Philadelphia
- This nonprofit is recording an album of songs written by Graterford inmates