About University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania, founded by Benjamin Franklin and others in 1740 and commonly referred to as Penn or UPenn, is a private research university. It is the fourth-oldest institution of higher education and is one of several institutions that claims to have been the first university in America. Penn is a member of the Ivy League and is one of the Colonial Colleges.
Generocity Coverage (111 posts)
- In Point Breeze, funding enables Diversified Community Services to move services ‘to the next level’
- What does education have to do with action — in the face of the climate crisis?
- Opinion: The call for PILOTs is a call for wealthy nonprofits to invest in justice rather than charity
- Does COVID-19 recovery depend on the kindness of strangers?
- Power moves: So many changes across the sector in Jan. and Feb.
- How would a Poverty Tracker work in Philadelphia and what could it accomplish?