The holiday season arrived a tad bit early for 10 Philadelphia-based nonprofits this year.
But instead of cherry-nosed Santa Claus tumbling down the chimney prematurely, it’s U.K.-based pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) bearing a bag full of award money.
Just in the (St.) Nick of time. Sorry.
It’s the annual Impact Awards, a 20-year tradition wherein GSK recognizes 10 nonprofits working across youth development, public safety, housing and community health. Here are this year’s awardees, each of which have been gifted a plump $40,000 check:
- Beat the Streets Philadelphia
- CeaseFire Pennsylvania Education Fund
- Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County
- Legal Clinic for the Disabled, Inc.
- Philadelphia VIP
- Philadelphia Wooden Boat Factory
- SquashSmarts, Inc.
- Support Center for Child Advocates
- Women’s Community Revitalization Project
- YWCA Tri-County Area
Here’s another cool thing: GSK employees will also vote for one of the lucky nonprofits above to land an extra $10,000, a trip to GSK’s awards gala in London and a three-day skills-building workshop — all to celebrate two decades of local corporate giving.
And here’s a little present for you: a sweet Flickr slideshow full of great photos of the awardees.
From our Partners