Thursday, March 28, 2024

Follow

Contact

The first Philadelphia Social Innovations Journal Awards is happening Jan. 26

A 2015 PSIJ event. December 28, 2016 Category: PurposeShort
Philadelphia Social Innovations Journal is hosting its first-ever awards event next month to recognize local social impact leaders in the nonprofit, for-profit and government sectors.

Cofounder Nick Torres said the event is an “evolution” in the 7-year-old online publication’s offerings, which include its launch of the Social Innovations Institute and Lab, an incubator for social enterprises, in 2013.

The awards, to be held on Thursday, Jan. 26, will help “recognize the region’s Social Innovators who often work quietly promoting their social missions/work without any public recognition,” Torres wrote in an email.

Get tickets

The voting process is a little tricky: The public can vote in only five categories per week, and then can’t vote in categories that were featured in weeks past. (In other words, you missed the boat on healthcare, education, community development and a handful of others.)

Check out all the categories here. You’re likely to recognize some nominees, such as Alex EpsteinGabriel Mandujano and Nora Lichtash.

Voting for the next five categories — board/trustee, social mobility, technology/journalism, empathy, and arts and culture — will be open from Jan. 3 through Jan. 9. The nominees were suggested and voted on by SIJ readers, Torres said.

Trending News

A City of Neighborhoods and the Challenge of Affordable Housing ImpactPHL Perspectives
From Bars to Belonging: Overcoming the Housing Crisis Facing Returning Citizens Ryan Moser
Monday Minute with Jean Pierre Brice Monique Curry-Mims
Monday Minute with Tara Felicia Jones Monique Curry-Mims
Skin In The Game Andre Simms