(Photo by Jeanette Lloyd)
INTER/VIEW is happening in less than three weeks and we’re getting jazzzzzzed.
Kinda like this:
Still on the fence about attending our annual jobs and engagement fair?
First, the basics:
- WHO — Approximately 30 hiring organizations and 100 opportunity seekers
- WHEN — Tuesday, May 23, from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
- WHERE — Great Hall at Neighborhood House, 20 N. American St.
- WHY — You’re looking to hire or be hired but hate the stuffiness of traditional jobs fairs
- HOW MUCH — Free to attend
You can expect to meet organizations with mission at the forefront, from nonprofits to social enterprises to departments within local government. Also, free headshots, résumé reviews and snacks.
Here are the orgs we have confirmed so far.
Those looking for employees:
- Message Agency — The web developer for nonprofits is a social enterprise that prides itself on being inclusive: 65 percent of its staff and 87 percent of its management team are women, minorities or LGBT. (Steal founder Marcus Iannozzi’s networking tips here.)
- GoodCompany Ventures — You know them as the social enterprise accelerator behind FastFWD and Climate Ventures 2.0.
- City of Philadelphia Office of Innovation and Technology — Senior Program Manager Eliza Pollack made a pretty convincing case for why young people should consider public service, though we bet it holds up for older folks, too.
And those looking for volunteers:
From our Partners
- Bethesda Project — The nonprofit calls itself “the last resort” for the city’s chronically homeless. Bonus: Get a boss who values self-care.
- Ralston Center — This University City-based nonprofit aims to “improve the health and quality of life for older adults in Philadelphia.”
- Dignity Housing — Executive Director John Ungar told us in December that 94 percent of the people the homelessness nonprofit served last year had experienced some sort of trauma.
- Coded By Kids — The coding education nonprofit is growing: This fall, it raised enough cash to open five new sites.
Is your organization hiring or looking for volunteers and interested in hosting a table? There’s a super simple registration page for you, too, via that big ol’ button above. Send any sales Qs to Editorial Director Chris Wink, email@example.com.
(Psst, be sure to nominate your fave workplaces and projects for our v cool, v important INTER/VIEW Shoutouts by Friday at noon!)-30-
From our Partners
This is the view from within the encampment on the Parkway
Estos promotores luchan por la justicia para sus comunidades, incluso durante la pandemia
Uprising in Philadelphia: A to-do list for the next six months
Motivadas y ambiciosas: Estas estudiantes de Kensington Health Sciences Academy están listas para el futuro
Who’s afraid of bedbugs? In emergency shelter, that’d be everybody
INTER/VIEW 2020 on July 22 is now virtual and a featured PTW20 Virtual event
Decades of failed reforms allow continued police brutality and racism
Driven and ambitious: Kensington Health Sciences Academy students ready themselves for the future
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity