(Photo by Clever Girl Photography)
After opening nominations up to the public and scouring the internet and our brains for inspiration, the organizing team for the seventh annual Philly Geek Awards (including, full disclosure, this editor) has come up with a hell of a list of people and orgs to honor for doing awesome, mission-driven, geeky work in the city.
First, the event essentials:
- When — Saturday, Aug. 26, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
- Where — String Theory Schools, 1600 Vine St.
- How much — $40
See the full list of nominees here, but for now, a few of social impact-focused categories:
Mission Leader of the Year
- Robert Cheetham, founder of GIS mapping firm Azavea
- Simon Hauger, founder of The Workshop School
- Phantazia Washington, lead trainer at Attic Youth Center’s Bryson Institute
Impact Org of the Year
Partnership of the Year
- Clarifi and the Mayor’s Office of Reintegration Services for Ex-Offenders
- Voting Booth of the Future
Movement of the Year
And the much anticipated Geek of the Year:
- Liberty Rose, maker and coproducer of the Philadelphia Burlesque Festival
- Marion Leary, scientist and co-organizer of March for Science PHL
- M. Asli Dukan, independent filmmaker
From our Partners
From our Partners
Power Moves: Talk about Black excellence
Addressing the growing rental crisis in Philadelphia
Generocity to publish ‘Forward Focus’, a series profiling nonprofit leaders’ views on resilience and recovery in 2020
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
I Belong works to help recent immigrants feel seen and heard without judgment
Reimagining housing: A Q & A with Diana Lind
These Gen Z media-makers are ready and willing to claim a seat at the table
Dual Enrollment at Congreso: Where does it go from here?
Public Health Management Corporation
Regional Manager, Healthcare and Emergency Management (NW and Central Pa.)Apply Now
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity