(Screenshot via public.tableau.com)
Every year, B Lab names socially conscious businesses from all over to its Best for the World list.
The Wayne-based nonprofit that certifies companies as B Corps just announced its 2017 honorees, and Philadelphia companies take up a whopping 16 spots.
B Lab’s methodology for choosing the Best for the World, from its 2016 announcement:
“We highlight the businesses that B Lab has determined have scored in the top 10 percent of all Certified B Corporations on the assessment. Companies that have scored in the top percentiles across a majority of the assessment’s categories, based on company size, are honored as Best for the World Overall, and companies that have scored in the top percentiles in a given category, again based on company size, are honored as Best for the Environment, Best for Community, Best for Workers and Best for Customers.”
— B Corporation (@BCorporation) September 12, 2017
Here are the local orgs that made the list, and their categories:
- Advanced Enviro Systems (Delaware County) — Environment, Overall
- Dansko (Chester County) — Workers
- EcoInnovate — Environment
- Home Care Associates of Philadelphia — Customers, Best for the Long Term, Overall, Workers
- Immaculate Cleaning Services — Community
- MilkCrate — Best for the Long Term
- MIO — Changemakers
- Naturescapes (Chester County) — Workers
- Pixel Parlor — Changemakers
- Practical Energy Solutions (Chester County) — Environment
- Praxis Consulting Group — Workers
- Re:Vision Architecture — Environment
- Solutions for Progress (now Communally) — Changemakers, Customers, Best for the Long Term, Overall
- Sustrana LLC (Chester County) — Changemakers, Best for the Long Term
- United By Blue — Community
- Untours (Delaware County) — Best for the Long Term
Returning champs from 2016 include Dansko, EcoInnovate, Immaculate Cleaning Services, Practical Energy Solutions, Praxis, Re:Vision, Solutions for Progress and United By Blue. Web design firm Message Agency was honored last year, too.
From our Partners
From our Partners
The Reading Terminal Market story: Will beloved public spaces return?
On the Market: 63 jobs that invite you to make a new start in the new year
Keyspots and entrepreneurship to get boost from new City programs
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
FAFSA is being simplified. Here’s what you need to know about the changes to come
In Mantua: If benefits are building blocks, what do we do about benefit cliffs?
An online portal and a mass distribution site are part of Philly’s plan to distribute COVID-19 vaccines
Dual Enrollment at Congreso: Where does it go from here?
St. James School
Graduate Support Success SpecialistApply Now
Public Health Management Corporation
Regional Manager, Healthcare and Emergency Management (NW and Central Pa.)Apply Now
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity