Every year, Philadelphia magazine does a roundup of the city’s most “influential” residents.
That term, as discussed in the package’s introduction, is nebulous: Influential to whom? In what way? Good or bad?
We’re excited to see a number of people who have appeared in the virtual pages of Generocity. This year’s jam-packed list includes the likes of:
- Philanthropic families such as the Haases of William Penn Foundation (#18) and the Lenfests of the Lenfest Foundation (#21)
- Education gurus such as Penn President Dr. Amy Gutmann (#2) and School District of Philadelphia Superintendent Dr. William Hite (#14)
- Local gov players such as Democratic District Attorney Candidate Larry Krasner (#12) and Office of LGBT Affairs Director Amber Hikes (#91)
- Activists such as Right2Work cofounders Ben Miller and Cristina Martinez (#87) and Black & Brown Workers Collective cofounders Shani Akilah and Abdul-Aliy Muhammad (#45)
- Nonprofit leaders such as Esperanza CEO Luis Cortés (#80) and Broad Street Ministry founder Bill Golderer (#90)
Philadelphia Eagle Malcolm Jenkins (#36) got a shoutout for his on-field activism, Philadelphia 3.0 Director of Engagement Jon Geeting (#61) earned a nod for “populariz[ing] the city’s evolving urban fabric” and food security advocate Michelle Taylor aka Feminista Jones (#25), got props for her social media mobilizing.
From our Partners
There are more, though. Check out the rest to get inspired.-30-
From our Partners
Are America’s schools safe for Asian Americans?
This is how the City must tackle behavioral health needs with the American Rescue Plan money
The School District of Philadelphia has a new COVID-19 dashboard to track cases in schools
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
Bringing ‘behavioral vaccines’ to school: 5 ways educators can support student well-being
In a changing city, Germantown still has men who care
Opinion: The call for PILOTs is a call for wealthy nonprofits to invest in justice rather than charity
Dual Enrollment at Congreso: Where does it go from here?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity