Every year, Philadelphia magazine does a roundup of the city’s most “influential” residents.
That term, as discussed in the package’s introduction, is nebulous: Influential to whom? In what way? Good or bad?
We’re excited to see a number of people who have appeared in the virtual pages of Generocity. This year’s jam-packed list includes the likes of:
- Philanthropic families such as the Haases of William Penn Foundation (#18) and the Lenfests of the Lenfest Foundation (#21)
- Education gurus such as Penn President Dr. Amy Gutmann (#2) and School District of Philadelphia Superintendent Dr. William Hite (#14)
- Local gov players such as Democratic District Attorney Candidate Larry Krasner (#12) and Office of LGBT Affairs Director Amber Hikes (#91)
- Activists such as Right2Work cofounders Ben Miller and Cristina Martinez (#87) and Black & Brown Workers Collective cofounders Shani Akilah and Abdul-Aliy Muhammad (#45)
- Nonprofit leaders such as Esperanza CEO Luis Cortés (#80) and Broad Street Ministry founder Bill Golderer (#90)
Philadelphia Eagle Malcolm Jenkins (#36) got a shoutout for his on-field activism, Philadelphia 3.0 Director of Engagement Jon Geeting (#61) earned a nod for “populariz[ing] the city’s evolving urban fabric” and food security advocate Michelle Taylor aka Feminista Jones (#25), got props for her social media mobilizing.
From our Partners
There are more, though. Check out the rest to get inspired.-30-
From our Partners
Another day, another scandal. How should nonprofits assess and address public controversies?
Happy Valentine’s Day — nonprofit style
At Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, celebrating our first college graduate
During Tech in Action Day, all the participants teach and learn
Check out these 12 grant, scholarship and funding opportunities
New nonprofit connects life science pros to poverty-fighting volunteer opps
Project HOME opens a STEAM lab at Honickman Learning Center
ECS has been tackling Philly’s social issues for nearly 150 years. Now, its new focus is intergenerational poverty
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity