(Photo via twitter.com/PCCYarts)
It’s Picasso Project’s 15th anniversary, and to celebrate, the grantmaker is doing what it does best.
This afternoon, the arts advocacy offshoot of Public Citizens for Children and Youth that supports “innovative” arts education projects at Philadelphia schools, will kick off its latest round of funding with performances from grantees at City Hall.
According to a release, Picasso Project’s funding has touched over 40,000 public school students in 163 schools with its “small but strategic and highly-leveraged mini-grants.”
All grants made this year are for $4,000 to $5,000. The 2018 Picasso Project honorees, and their winning projects, are:
- John Barry Elementary School — I Voted Today
- Clara Barton Elementary School — All Are Welcome Here
- John Bartram High School — The Marimba: Modern Roots
- Stephen Girard School — The Girard Community Mural
- Eliza Kirkbride Elementary — Philadelphia Dreams
- Alexander McClure School — Growing United
- Parkway Northwest High School for Peace & Social Justice — Theatre & Acting Come Alive!
- Philadelphia Military Academy at Elverson — Crafting Community
- James Rhoads Elementary — Heartbeat at Rhoads
- Science Leadership Academy Middle School — The Voice of Bravery is Yours!
- South Philadelphia High School — SPHS’ “Little Shop of Horrors”
- John Taggart Elementary School — Jasper at Taggart
- The U School — Survival Guide for the Future
- The Workshop School — 9th Grade Play Project
The state of arts funding within the School District of Philadelphia is rosier now than in previous years, with 90 percent of schools having some form of arts education.
From our Partners
📣Announcing the 2018 #PicassoProject Grant Award Recipients! Projects kick off Wed 4pm at City Hall w/ @PhillyMayor, @SDPHite, @PHLCouncil members, grantee schools, & partners. @PCCYteam @PHLschools @PSNotebook @PHLSchoolNews @philaculture @CreativePHL @PHL_MOE @fundPHLschools pic.twitter.com/2yT3A9WdUt
— Picasso Project (@PCCYarts) January 8, 2018
From our Partners
Teacher Action Group is turning the Philly school experience into theatre
Vote now: NRG announced the latest 3 nonprofits up for $50,000
On the Table Philly is back Nov. 8 and this time there’s money up for grabs
Nonprofits and startups can win up to $360K at the WeWork Creator Awards
Bread & Roses Community Fund
Project ManagerApply Now
St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Ardmore, PA
Part-Time ControllerApply Now
Vote for one of these 10 Philly health nonprofits to win $20,000
This new Lenfest fund is supporting collaboration in journalism, nonprofits and beyond
9 social impact-themed events to check out at DesignPhiladelphia 2018
12 Philly immigrants who are ready to mobilize
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity