(Photo via facebook.com/ARTZPhiladelphia)
We love to see those early adopters.
Travel site Airbnb’s Social Impact Experiences program connects tourists to activities promoting local nonprofits’ missions or causes. Those nonprofits set the cost of the experience, pay no booking fee and keep all proceeds.
The program launched this month in Philly, and a handful of orgs have already signed up:
- ARTZ Philadelphia — Tour a local museum to benefit people living with dementia
- Back on My Feet — Run at the crack of dawn to support people experiencing homelessness
- Urban Creators — Tour Life Do Grow Farm to benefit community gardening
- Fleisher Art Memorial — Make your own prints or take some pics of the Italian Market to support community art
- BRIDGE Yoga — Take a class to support yoga in schools
- Overbrook School for the Blind — Experience the Italian Market with all your senses to benefit the visually impaired
From our Partners
From our Partners
Economy League is launching a civic impact accelerator, makes 4 hires
Ronald Crawford believes Meek Mill, Jay Z and Nas have something healing to say to Philly’s returning citizens
Happy Valentine’s Day — nonprofit style
During Tech in Action Day, all the participants teach and learn
Public Health Management Corporation
TURNING POINTS FOR CHILDREN COMMUNITY UMBRELLA AGENCY CASE MANAGERApply Now
Does discharging a homeless person from emergency shelter as punishment for wrongdoing constitute torture?
‘What has the most significant impact on leadership of color?’ 16 Philly-area leaders answer our question
At Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, celebrating our first college graduate
ECS has been tackling Philly’s social issues for nearly 150 years. Now, its new focus is intergenerational poverty
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity