When you surround yourself with excellence, you’re bound to catch some, too.
The Women in Nonprofit Leadership Conference (WNLC) was launched in 2017 with the goal bringing women leaders in the nonprofit sector together in order to learn from each other, build networks and discuss issues relevant to their field.
The second annual event will be held on Wednesday, April 11, at the National Museum for American Jewish History.
It’s theme: “Inspiring Action.” Speakers include:
- Pat Furlong — Founder and president, Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy
- Carolina Cabrera DiGiorgio — President and CEO, Congreso de Latinos Unidos
- Nancy Dunleavy — President, Founder and CEO, Dunleavy & Associates
- Marci Schankweiler — CEO and founder, For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Foundation
- Patricia Wellenbach — CEO, Please Touch Museum
- Lorina Marshall-Blake — President, Independence Blue Cross Foundation
- Beth Dahle — Executive director (Philadelphia), Compass
- Laura Kind McKenna — Trustee, The Patricia Kind Family Foundation
- Jodi Rosen — Philanthropic services senior manager, Vanguard Charitable
WNLC co-organizer Erika McDaniel spoke to Generocity last month about how her team plans an inclusive event, from assembling a capable team to choosing partners dedicated to the mission.
From our Partners
“It is important to be thoughtful and strategic in planning the leadership group but not thinking that any one or two people can do by themselves,” McDaniel said. “I know as women we sometimes think that, ‘I can do it, I can handle it, I can take this thing over.’ It is really good to delegate work.”
Inspiring advice even beyond event planning.
Registration is open through Wednesday, April 4.
Psst, we got you a discount code. Type in GENEROCITY at checkout to take $20 off the price of the ticket.-30-
From our Partners
Hear from an expert on Philly’s reentry ecosystem at the June TEDxPhiladelphia salon
In North Philly, a produce truck and a supermarket are fighting food insecurity
These digital tools make data storytelling easy for nonprofits
12 Philly immigrants who are ready to mobilize
These 17 Philly-area companies just made B Lab’s 2018 Best for the World List
Power Moves: Maternity Care Coalition picked its new CEO from within
11 Days of Love Stories is for storytellers seeking connection
Redefining civic participation, one new leader at a time
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity