(Screenshot via public.tableau.com)
Even if it hasn’t yet reached its full potential, social entrepreneurship is on the rise.
It’s something Wayne-based B Lab knows well: The organization has been certifying for-profit companies as B Corps, which validates their commitment to social good according to a rigorous metric system, since 2007.
This week, B Lab released its 2018 list of the B Corps that is considers “Best for the World” in six categories: Community, Customers, Environment, Workers, Governance and Overall.
To make the cut, companies must 1.) be a certified B Corp, and 2.) have scored in the top 10th percentile of all B Corps in their respective impact area on the B Impact Assessment (and Best for the World: Overall honorees scored at the top of their overall score in all categories). In the Workers category, for instance, companies are judged on compensation, benefits, training and ownership opportunities.
— B Corporation (@BCorporation) June 12, 2018
From our Partners
Here are the local orgs that made the list, and their categories:
- Advanced Enviro Systems (Delaware County) — Environment, Overall
- Andy Smith Photography (Chester County) — Community, Overall
- Azavea — Workers
- Communally — Customers, Governance, Overall
- Geneva Global, Inc. (Chester County)— Customers
- Home Care Associates of Philadelphia, Inc. — Community, Customers, Workers, Overall
- Houwzer — Workers
- Immaculate Cleaning Services — Community
- MilkCrate — Governance
- Naturescapes (Chester County) — Workers
- Nourish Juice Bar (Chester County) — Community
- Praxis Consulting Group — Workers
- Re:Vision Architecture — Environment, Overall
- Solar States — Community, Overall
- Sunshine Nut Company (Montgomery County) — Community
- Sustrana LLC (Chester County) — Overall
- Untours (Delaware County) — Governance
Returning from 2017’s list are Advanced Enviro Systems, Communally, Home Care Associates of Philadelphia, Inc., Immaculate Cleaning Services, MilkCrate, Naturescapes, Praxis Consulting Group, Re:Vision Architecture, Sustrana LLC and Untours.-30-
From our Partners
Sustainability work can be as diverse as Philly’s residents: SustainPHL 2018
How Benefits Data Trust will use $4 million to increase food security across the U.S.
You don’t need Lenfest wealth to make a difference
Nonprofits and startups can win up to $360K at the WeWork Creator Awards
YallaPunk founder Rana Fayez: ‘The work is just beginning’
Engage with culture, identity and ability at the Philadelphia Inclusive Arts Festival
Meet the 2018-2019 Eagles Care nonprofit partners
12 Philly immigrants who are ready to mobilize
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity