(Screenshot via public.tableau.com)
Even if it hasn’t yet reached its full potential, social entrepreneurship is on the rise.
It’s something Wayne-based B Lab knows well: The organization has been certifying for-profit companies as B Corps, which validates their commitment to social good according to a rigorous metric system, since 2007.
This week, B Lab released its 2018 list of the B Corps that is considers “Best for the World” in six categories: Community, Customers, Environment, Workers, Governance and Overall.
To make the cut, companies must 1.) be a certified B Corp, and 2.) have scored in the top 10th percentile of all B Corps in their respective impact area on the B Impact Assessment (and Best for the World: Overall honorees scored at the top of their overall score in all categories). In the Workers category, for instance, companies are judged on compensation, benefits, training and ownership opportunities.
— B Corporation (@BCorporation) June 12, 2018
From our Partners
Here are the local orgs that made the list, and their categories:
- Advanced Enviro Systems (Delaware County) — Environment, Overall
- Andy Smith Photography (Chester County) — Community, Overall
- Azavea — Workers
- Communally — Customers, Governance, Overall
- Geneva Global, Inc. (Chester County)— Customers
- Home Care Associates of Philadelphia, Inc. — Community, Customers, Workers, Overall
- Houwzer — Workers
- Immaculate Cleaning Services — Community
- MilkCrate — Governance
- Naturescapes (Chester County) — Workers
- Nourish Juice Bar (Chester County) — Community
- Praxis Consulting Group — Workers
- Re:Vision Architecture — Environment, Overall
- Solar States — Community, Overall
- Sunshine Nut Company (Montgomery County) — Community
- Sustrana LLC (Chester County) — Overall
- Untours (Delaware County) — Governance
Returning from 2017’s list are Advanced Enviro Systems, Communally, Home Care Associates of Philadelphia, Inc., Immaculate Cleaning Services, MilkCrate, Naturescapes, Praxis Consulting Group, Re:Vision Architecture, Sustrana LLC and Untours.-30-
From our Partners
In August we will be focusing attention on Black philanthropy, philanthropists
Changing metrics for impact
To create good jobs for Philadelphians, now is the time to do everything
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
Mental Health Partnerships
Manager – Marketing Business DevelopmentApply Now
The Workshop School & Building 21
School Technology CoordinatorApply Now
PhillyCAM’s new pre-apprenticeship program aims to be a pipeline for young media pros
Opinion: Governor Wolf — free the vulnerable people you promised to release
Assets no more: Racial justice risks in municipal bonds
Dual Enrollment at Congreso: Where does it go from here?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity