(Screenshot via public.tableau.com)
Even if it hasn’t yet reached its full potential, social entrepreneurship is on the rise.
It’s something Wayne-based B Lab knows well: The organization has been certifying for-profit companies as B Corps, which validates their commitment to social good according to a rigorous metric system, since 2007.
This week, B Lab released its 2018 list of the B Corps that is considers “Best for the World” in six categories: Community, Customers, Environment, Workers, Governance and Overall.
To make the cut, companies must 1.) be a certified B Corp, and 2.) have scored in the top 10th percentile of all B Corps in their respective impact area on the B Impact Assessment (and Best for the World: Overall honorees scored at the top of their overall score in all categories). In the Workers category, for instance, companies are judged on compensation, benefits, training and ownership opportunities.
— B Corporation (@BCorporation) June 12, 2018
From our Partners
Here are the local orgs that made the list, and their categories:
- Advanced Enviro Systems (Delaware County) — Environment, Overall
- Andy Smith Photography (Chester County) — Community, Overall
- Azavea — Workers
- Communally — Customers, Governance, Overall
- Geneva Global, Inc. (Chester County)— Customers
- Home Care Associates of Philadelphia, Inc. — Community, Customers, Workers, Overall
- Houwzer — Workers
- Immaculate Cleaning Services — Community
- MilkCrate — Governance
- Naturescapes (Chester County) — Workers
- Nourish Juice Bar (Chester County) — Community
- Praxis Consulting Group — Workers
- Re:Vision Architecture — Environment, Overall
- Solar States — Community, Overall
- Sunshine Nut Company (Montgomery County) — Community
- Sustrana LLC (Chester County) — Overall
- Untours (Delaware County) — Governance
Returning from 2017’s list are Advanced Enviro Systems, Communally, Home Care Associates of Philadelphia, Inc., Immaculate Cleaning Services, MilkCrate, Naturescapes, Praxis Consulting Group, Re:Vision Architecture, Sustrana LLC and Untours.-30-
From our Partners
‘Being thorough is being sustainable’: The South Philly Food Co-op story
A comprehensive guide to choosing an impactful MLK Day volunteer experience
Can chamber music increase mental health awareness?
Nonprofits and startups can win up to $360K at the WeWork Creator Awards
Philly needs new voting machines. Here’s why the buying process must be kept transparent
4 strategies to up your philanthropy and volunteering game in 2019
On the Market: 12 new Philly jobs to make an impact in 2019
12 Philly immigrants who are ready to mobilize
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity