(Photo by Chris Wink)
On the Market is a column where we highlight noteworthy job openings. Want to be featured on our jobs board? Check out generocity.org/jobs.
Knight Foundation is looking for its next director to manage its Philadelphia investments and support grantees (including Generocity’s Tech in the Commons series). Patrick Morgan vacated the position at the top of this month to join Parks and Rec’s senior leadership team; in his three years with the funder, he oversaw the dispersal of over $26 million via 113 community-focused grants.
Emily’s Entourage is hiring a special events manager to develop and execute large-scale events such an annual gala as well as smaller events such as networking and donor mixers. The Bala Cynwyd-based nonprofit funds research about cystic fibrosis.
Some personal news: By the end of this month, I’ll be transitioning to a new role at Technically Media — Technical.ly managing editor. I’m so sad to leave Generocity but very excited to take on new responsibilities at the company I’ve grown with for the past three years. If you or someone you know has the journalism chops and passion for social impact in Philadelphia, consider the Generocity editor position.
And a heads up: Technical.ly Philly is hosting its annual NET/WORK jobs fair on Tuesday, Feb. 26, at The Fillmore Philadelphia. Anyone on the hunt for a job in the tech sector (which certainly doesn’t only include developers or UX designers) should register below.
From our Partners
- North Broad Renaissance needs an administrative assistant.
- American Friends Service Committee needs a chief financial officer and an associate general secretary for advancement.
- The City of Philadelphia needs a racial equity manager for a community engagement and communications coordinator to support its involvement in the MacArthur Foundation Safety and Justice Challenge.
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia needs a director of communications.
- PHENND needs a VISTA program coordinator.
- Riverbend Environmental Education Center needs an education programs coordinator.
- Special Olympics Pennsylvania needs a chief development officer.
From our Partners
Report: Race, housing insecurity, and COVID-19 are connected
Opinion: We could have ended family detention in PA in 2016. Why is it allowed to continue?
How Black cartographers put racism on the map of America
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
City of Philadelphia, Rebuild
Director of Evaluation and LearningApply Now
If accessibility seems an unsolvable riddle, the Penn Museum offers an answer
This Philly symposium was born from the rich intellectual tradition — and the erasure — of Afro-Latinxs
What did ‘A Better Chicago’ do for poverty that could work in Philadelphia?
Dual Enrollment at Congreso: Where does it go from here?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity