(Photo by Chris Wink)
On the Market is a column where we highlight noteworthy job openings. Want to be featured on our jobs board? Check out generocity.org/jobs.
Knight Foundation is looking for its next director to manage its Philadelphia investments and support grantees (including Generocity’s Tech in the Commons series). Patrick Morgan vacated the position at the top of this month to join Parks and Rec’s senior leadership team; in his three years with the funder, he oversaw the dispersal of over $26 million via 113 community-focused grants.
Emily’s Entourage is hiring a special events manager to develop and execute large-scale events such an annual gala as well as smaller events such as networking and donor mixers. The Bala Cynwyd-based nonprofit funds research about cystic fibrosis.
Some personal news: By the end of this month, I’ll be transitioning to a new role at Technically Media — Technical.ly managing editor. I’m so sad to leave Generocity but very excited to take on new responsibilities at the company I’ve grown with for the past three years. If you or someone you know has the journalism chops and passion for social impact in Philadelphia, consider the Generocity editor position.
And a heads up: Technical.ly Philly is hosting its annual NET/WORK jobs fair on Tuesday, Feb. 26, at The Fillmore Philadelphia. Anyone on the hunt for a job in the tech sector (which certainly doesn’t only include developers or UX designers) should register below.
From our Partners
- North Broad Renaissance needs an administrative assistant.
- American Friends Service Committee needs a chief financial officer and an associate general secretary for advancement.
- The City of Philadelphia needs a racial equity manager for a community engagement and communications coordinator to support its involvement in the MacArthur Foundation Safety and Justice Challenge.
- College of Physicians of Philadelphia needs a director of communications.
- PHENND needs a VISTA program coordinator.
- Riverbend Environmental Education Center needs an education programs coordinator.
- Special Olympics Pennsylvania needs a chief development officer.
From our Partners
Nonprofit pros honed their entrepreneurial skills at the recent Tech in the Commons
Keeping homeowners safe in their homes and stabilizing neighborhoods
This Foundation CEO has worn many figurative hats. And one extraordinary literal one: a crown of onions
Systems blocking people from self-sufficiency
United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey
Social Venture Partners AssociateApply Now
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia
Programs Manager, Creative & Innovative BusinessesApply Now
How Project HOME’s college access program provides a head start
‘Your average resident doesn’t understand what a nonprofit board does’: A Q&A with Julie Zeglen
They’re 49% of Kensington-Harrowgate, but their voices are mostly missing from the Safehouse debate
JEVS+SNHU partnership is creating affordable, flexible degree programs for Philly
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity