(Technical.ly file photo)
With over 75 events on the Philly Tech Week 2019 presented by Comcast community calendar — and more to come — my schedule is chock-full of #PTW19 activities, and yours should be, too.
Choosing which events to attend will be a tough call with so many juicy options and only one week to catch them all. In an effort to help you decide, we made this list of 10 community events that you won’t want to miss.
Pull out your calendar and get ready to save these dates; descriptions come from the event organizers themselves:
- The 2019 HUE Tech Summit (May 3) will educate, elevate, and empower women of color technologists and techpreneurs in the Delaware Valley and beyond.
- At Startup Training & Technical Rapid Prototyping (May 5), the founders of Y-Center and OpenForge share best practices in turning your idea into an actionable business.
- Lessons from the Tech Community: Developing Novel Revenue Streams for Nonprofits (May 6) will explore lessons that nonprofits and startups can learn from each other, and offer resources to help nonprofits can scale, create alternative revenue streams, and establish funding structures.
- The Philadelphia School District is encouraging tech professionals to attend the Student Technology Showcase(May 6) to offer local students feedback on their projects before a state competition.
- This year’s Women in Tech Soiree: Special Anniversary Edition (May 7) will be celebrating five years of bringing together talented, savvy, and passionate women for an evening of knowledge sharing over celebratory cocktails.
- RiskSec 2019 (May 8) will provide insights from thought leaders across various industries, focusing on the most significant issues that CISOs and other security professionals face every day. Learn about new approaches to security, discover the latest technology and interact with the best in the business.
- The Yard and The Positivity Charge are joining forces to bring you an evening of relaxation and good vibes to boost your productivity in Positivity + Productivity: Rooftop Yoga + Networking @ The Yard (May 9).
- Innovation Day 2019 (May 10) will be packed with lightning talks, live demos, and interactions showcasing emerging technologies from Philly’s top agencies and innovation labs.
- The 2019 Philadelphia Federal Credit Union Kensington Derby & Arts Festival (May 11) will enter its 13th year celebrating human-powered transit, neighborhood artists, and local businesses in Kensington.
From our Partners
Of course, I have to mention the goodies that we have been working on for Technical.ly’s staple events. Tons of updates have been shared, but here’s a roundup of the latest:
- The Kickoff Festival at First Friday in Old City has 40 confirmed locations participating in the inaugural PTW19 scavenger hunt created by Scavify. Download the app to play!
- Dev Conference attendees can expect themed programming rooms in a new “choose-your-own-adventure” format. Ooo-aah.
- Introduced by Technical.ly is back for year two and if you take a peek at the agenda, you’ll see tons of interactive sessions in the works such as “The Brains Behind Gritty: How One Mascot Went Viral.”
- The Signature Event will close the week with killer views, interactive demos, and a dance party at the new Comcast Technology Center. Secure your ticket soon because prices increase this Friday!
I suggest queuing up your group texts and starting the conversation now. The time has come to figure out your plan of attack for the big week.-30-
From our Partners
In May, let’s play with the future
Drexel University’s Dr. Frank Lee projects civil dialogue seven stories tall for Philly Tech Week
At Philly Tech Week, the example of a global nonprofit leveraging tech and human connection to eradicate poverty
Be the leader to bring a 26-year mission into the future in Chester County
Firing an employee for racism won’t solve your workplace problem
INTER/VIEW 2020 on July 22 is now virtual and a featured PTW20 Virtual event
Power Moves: David Gould becomes executive director of the Sixers Youth Foundation
Village of the Arts seeks to deepen and scale its impact as it reflects on its legacy
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity