(Photo by Julie Zeglen)
On the Market is a column where we highlight noteworthy job openings. Want to be featured on our jobs board? Check out generocity.org/jobs.
Children’s Village is looking for a director of development to lead fundraising, communications, and marketing for the organization, which provides early childhood education and school-age acadmic enrichment. The organization will consider candidates willing to fill the position in either a full-time or part-time capacity.
CASA Youth Advocates, Inc. has an opening for an advocacy coalition coordinator for Delaware County, to support the agency in leading the county’s child victim services coordinating body. The organization, based in Media but serving both Delaware and Chester counties, is asking that applicants have both a master’s degree and experience in direct services to, or advocacy efforts for, abused and neglected children and/or sexually abused children.
The Leeway Foundation is looking for an office manager to coordinate administrative operations and perform or oversee clerical, administrative and program support activities. The foundation supports women and trans* artists and cultural producers working in communities at the intersection of art, culture, and social change. Through grantmaking and programs it promotes artistic expression that amplifies the voices of those on the margins, promotes sustainable and healthy communities, and works in the service of movements for economic and social justice.
Resource Media is searching for a communications coordinator to implement communications strategies and to work consulting with clients, as well as across teams internally. A mission-driven nonprofit PR firm headquartered in Manayunk, Resource Media stipulates that applicants for the position do not have to previous experience work in any of the issues they focus on (health of people and planet, including climate change and clean energy, social and environmental justice, food and farms). but must be creative and show “passion for helping community-based organizations build power and improve lives.”
From our Partners
- Philadelphia Parks & Recreation is looking for a career readiness program coordinator.
- Drexel University has an opening for program coordinator in community-based learning.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia has several openings: director executive events & special programs and senior strategic planning advisor of Frontier Programs.
- The Human Rights Campaign is looking for a state director for Pennsylvania.
- The US Census Bureau has multiple job openings for Pennsylvania.
- Priorities USA has an opening for a Pennsylvania content producer and a state outreach director.
- For those of a political bent, presidential hopeful Cory Booker has multiple job openings for digital and innovation posts in his campaign staff in New Jersey.
And the jobs fair you don’t want to miss…
INTER/VIEW 2019 is taking place June 12 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at PHMC, Centre Square East, 1500 Market Street, East Tower, in Philadelphia.
Presented by Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) and organized by Generocity, INTER/VIEW is an informal social impact jobs fair showcasing mission-oriented companies seeking talented people seeking to do good on and off the job.
The companies at INTER/VIEW are psyched to show off their company culture — and get to know who’s behind the resume. They’re organizations that don’t just want another employee or volunteer — they’re looking to build lasting relationships that work for both sides.
ATTEND IF YOU ARE:
- Looking for full-time work with a company that fits your skills & personality
- Seeking opportunities to give back as a part of your career
- Are a recent grad looking for an apprenticeship
- Interested in freelance gigs
- Currently employed, but want to feel out future opportunities
The jobs and opportunities available will highlight how you can do well and also do good — and not just at a nonprofit anymore. The employers at INTER/VIEW are looking to learn more than just what’s on your resume. You’ll still need chops to land your dream job, but at INTER/VIEW, your personality & “fit” carry real weight.
WHY INTER/VIEW RULES:
- Suit & tie are optional
- Drop off your resume and get feedback
- Hang out during the event for networking and snacks
- Visit the photo-booth for LinkedIn appropriate headshots
Is your organization hiring or looking for volunteers and interested in hosting a table? Send any sales questions to VP of Philadelphia Initiatives, Vincent Better, firstname.lastname@example.org.-30-
From our Partners
The Reading Terminal Market story: Will beloved public spaces return?
On the Market: 63 jobs that invite you to make a new start in the new year
Keyspots and entrepreneurship to get boost from new City programs
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
FAFSA is being simplified. Here’s what you need to know about the changes to come
In Mantua: If benefits are building blocks, what do we do about benefit cliffs?
An online portal and a mass distribution site are part of Philly’s plan to distribute COVID-19 vaccines
Dual Enrollment at Congreso: Where does it go from here?
St. James School
Graduate Support Success SpecialistApply Now
Public Health Management Corporation
Regional Manager, Healthcare and Emergency Management (NW and Central Pa.)Apply Now
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity