(Photo by J. Fusco for Visit Philadelphia)
On the Market is a column where we highlight noteworthy job openings. Want to be featured on our jobs board? Check out generocity.org/jobs.
National Liberty Museum is looking for a major gifts officer to enhance the organization’s development capacity, expand its individual donor program, and raise its regional visibility. The museum is located in Philadelphia’s historic district, and describes itself as a cultural institution that provides a civics education by focusing on “stories of both famous and ‘everyday’ people whose character and courage have sought to expand liberty for all.”
Drexel University seeks a Promise Neighborhood K-12 education manager to serve as the lead for all school-based work in the West Philadelphia Promise Neighborhood (PN) schools. This person in this role also serves as the liaison between Drexel University through the School of Education and the Promise Neighborhood schools, agencies, and City of Philadelphia offices. Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment.
Fairmount Ventures, a social impact business launched in 1992 to help nonprofits grow and thrive, has two positions open: an assistant to supports client projects by providing critical administrative, research, and writing assistance to help meet the fundraising and planning needs of Fairmount’s nonprofit clients; and a project manager – fundraising. This is a new position to support a full range of Fairmount’s core services with a primary focus on planning and executing all aspects of fundraising programs (individual and institutional giving) and capital campaigns.
From our Partners
- The Pennsylvania Innocence Project is looking for an executive director.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia looks to fill the position of assistant director special events (fundraising)
- Independence Charter School has an opening for an enrollment coordinator.
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania looks to fill two positions: a digital director 2 and communications director 2 (Department of Aging)
- Equality Federation has an opening for a director of communications (remote)
- QEW African Diaspora Earthcare Coalition – Plant Medicine Project is looking for a seasonal, part-time garden maintenance assistant.
Mark your calendar: INTER/VIEW is June 12
INTER/VIEW 2019 is taking place June 12 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at PHMC, Centre Square East, 1500 Market Street, East Tower, in Philadelphia.
Presented by Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) and organized by Generocity, INTER/VIEW is an informal social impact jobs fair showcasing mission-oriented companies seeking talented people seeking to do good on and off the job.
The companies at INTER/VIEW are psyched to show off their company culture — and get to know who’s behind the resume. They’re organizations that don’t just want another employee or volunteer — they’re looking to build lasting relationships that work for both sides.
ATTEND IF YOU ARE:
- Looking for full-time work with a company that fits your skills & personality
- Seeking opportunities to give back as a part of your career
- Are a recent grad looking for an apprenticeship
- Interested in freelance gigs
- Currently employed, but want to feel out future opportunities
The jobs and opportunities available will highlight how you can do well and also do good — and not just at a nonprofit anymore. The employers at INTER/VIEW are looking to learn more than just what’s on your resume. You’ll still need chops to land your dream job, but at INTER/VIEW, your personality & “fit” carry real weight.
WHY INTER/VIEW RULES:
- Suit & tie are optional
- Drop off your resume and get feedback
- Hang out during the event for networking and snacks
- Visit the photo-booth for LinkedIn appropriate headshots
Is your organization hiring or looking for volunteers and interested in hosting a table? Send any sales questions to VP of Philadelphia Initiatives, Vincent Better, email@example.com.-30-
From our Partners
Netroots Nation opened its gathering at the Convention Center yesterday. Today, it’s #NNActionJawn
Protesters rally to keep Hahnemann’s maternity ward open
Semra Filikçi’s year of living resolutely
PA Humanities Council helps communities reclaim their stories
Amber Hikes reshaped the the Office of LGBT Affairs. Now she’s moving on
Space and place for social impact: This month we take a special look at ‘The Workplace’
7 grants and funding opportunities for organizations or individuals in Philly
Nonprofits and startups can win up to $360K at the WeWork Creator Awards
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity