On the Market is a column where we highlight noteworthy job openings. Want to be featured on our jobs board? Check out generocity.org/jobs.
Maternity Care Coalition is looking to fill the position of male engagement specialist for its Healthy Start program. The engagement specialist will support male clients in planning their own health and social service needs, facilitate parenting and life skills workshops for fathers/male partners and provide case management through routine home and community visits.
The organization, which works to improve maternal and child health and well-being through the collaborative efforts of individuals, families, providers and communities throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania, encourages bilingual applicants to apply for the position.
The National Liberty Museum is looking for a full-time grant writer to join its development team. The position includes maintaining the grants calendar; managing the preparation, writing, submission and tracking of grant proposals; and researching new sources of sources of support, among other responsibilities. In addition to a resume and cover letter, the application requires two writing samples.
The museum is located in Philadelphia’s historic district, and describes itself as a cultural institution that provides a civics education by focusing on “stories of both famous and ‘everyday’ people whose character and courage have sought to expand liberty for all.”
University City District has an opening for a manager, training and evaluation. Working in partnership with the senior manager of learning & development, this position will be directly responsible for the classroom and participant evaluation portions of the program experience. The manager plays a key role in the daily operations of the training program and works to improve service delivery.
From our Partners
UCD states that the ideal candidate will be a lifelong learner with a strong focus on continued growth and improvement on a personal and professional level; it welcomes applicants that are returning citizens.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia has several openings, including: associate director corporate & foundation relations, director executive events & special programs, and assistant development officer.
- Philadelphia Futures needs an academic services administrator.
- The Lenfest Center is looking for a center director.
- Urban Tree Connection has an opening for a community education & outreach coordinator.
Mark your calendar
INTER/VIEW 2019 is taking place June 12 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at PHMC, Centre Square East, 1500 Market Street, East Tower, in Philadelphia.
Presented by Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) and organized by Generocity, INTER/VIEW is an informal social impact jobs fair showcasing mission-oriented companies seeking talented people seeking to do good on and off the job.
The following organizations will be at INTER/VIEW 2019:
- Achieving Independence Center
- American Red Cross
- ASAP/After School Activities Partnerships
- Blessings, Inc.
- College Possible
- Dwell City Solutions
- Georgia E. Gregory Interdenominational School of Music
- Heritage Community Development Corporation
- Heroic Gardens
- Juvenile Justice Center of Philadelphia
- National Philanthropic Trust
- North 5th Street Revitalization Project
- Philadelphia Women’s Network Connection
- Philly Tech Sistas
- Riverbend Environmental Education Center
- Starfinder Foundation
- The Greater Philadelphia Diaper Bank
- Throw Like a Woman, Social Impact Consulting
- Urban Technology Project
- YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
- Philly YMCA
- WURD Radio
- Network for Women with Careers in Technology
- Live 24HRS
The companies at INTER/VIEW are psyched to show off their company culture — and get to know who’s behind the resume. They’re organizations that don’t just want another employee or volunteer — they’re looking to build lasting relationships that work for both sides.
Attend if you are:
- Looking for full-time work with a company that fits your skills & personality
- Seeking opportunities to give back as a part of your career
- Are a recent grad looking for an apprenticeship
- Interested in freelance gigs
- Currently employed, but want to feel out future opportunities
The jobs and opportunities available will highlight how you can do well and also do good — and not just at a nonprofit anymore. The employers at INTER/VIEW are looking to learn more than just what’s on your resume. You’ll still need chops to land your dream job, but at INTER/VIEW, your personality & “fit” carry real weight.
Why INTER/VIEW rules:
- Suit & tie are optional
- Drop off your resume and get feedback
- Hang out during the event for networking and snacks
- Visit the photo-booth for LinkedIn appropriate headshots
From our Partners
Power Moves: William A. Carter IV named new head of City Hall advocacy for Chamber of Commerce
On the market: 16 jobs in leadership, development, communications and more
Reinvestment Fund’s HFFI supports food access across the nation
How PHMC enables employees to turn their passion into purpose
The case for democratizing emergency shelter management
Power Moves: Big changes at the Office of Immigrant Affairs
MENTOR IR opens conversation on masculinity at ‘Mochas & Mentoring’
PA Humanities Council helps communities reclaim their stories
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity