(Designed by Penji)
Have you purchased tickets to ADVANCE by Generocity presented by Knight Foundation yet? Take a look at the confirmed speakers, presentations, activations that you (and your colleagues) can look forward to seeing!
ADVANCE by Generocity presented by Knight Foundation is dedicated to helping move forward ideas, organizations and professionals that drive smarter impact. The inaugural conference by Generocity will take place Friday, November 1, 2019 from 8:00 am – 2:45 pm at Harrisburg University‘s Philadelphia campus.
First things first, we know that the easiest way to your heart, is your stomach. When you arrive, grab coffee, tea, bagels or tasty overnight oats prepared by HUNGRY Catering.
If you’re a VIP ticket holder, you’ll head over to the meet and greet to shake hands with cofounder of Kickstarter, Yancey Strickler! You will receive a signed copy of his new book, “The Could be Our Future” and snap a picture with the author to make all of your colleagues on Linkedin jealous.
If you’re not a VIP ticket holder, we have something special planned for you anyway. Our pals at On the Goga are preparing wellness activities to ensure that you leave this event feeling rejuvenated. Stop by the mindfulness lounge to:
- pick up self care tips
- enjoy a chair massage
- reflect on your values in an artistic activation
Once the program begins, you’ll hear from Generocity’s leadership team and dive into Yancey Strickler’s keynote address. After the keynote, we will challenge you to think about what the future looks like when YOU are driving it — because you are.
Generocity’s Editor, Sabrina Vourvoulias, will moderate a panel titled, “Envision a Future Driven by You” discussing the intersection of culture, technology, and social impact, featuring Stickler and:
From our Partners
- Markita Morris-Louis, founding chief strategy officer, Compass Working Capital
- Tiffany Tavarez, vice president of community relations, Wells Fargo
Following the panel, we’ll shake things up with an arts and culture activity before lunch — where you will have a chance to network with the local impact community.
After lunch, you will engage in three interactive speaker sessions led by local leaders doing strategic work that is making a difference across sectors. Check out the speakers and presentation descriptions below:
Intrinsic Values Shape More than Your Personal Story
- Vanessa Briggs, president and CEO of Brandywine Health Foundation will share her story in a session that will engage participants on how values give purpose to our personal stories and how threads are woven throughout professional careers as we engage community, wear and carry diversity, equity and inclusion, use power and influence to lead transformational change. An interactive discussion and examples on how a community-driven process can lend to a successful strategic planning process and action plan.
Changing the Dominant Narrative through Immigrant Integration
- Peter Gonzales, president & CEO of the Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians will be joined by members of his team —Manuel Portillo (director of community engagement) and Stephanie Sun (board member) — in this presentation. Learn how one approach to immigrant integration is combating dominant narratives that portray immigrants as a deficit to the country. At a time when current public policies are stirring deep divides in the social fabric of the United States, we will discuss the process of how to shape a more inclusive approach to understanding immigrants and immigration as assets to society.
Building Bridges & Breaking Bread: Harnessing the Power of Community Engagement Models for Innovative Impact
- Anuj Gupta, general manager of the historic Reading Terminal Market, will discuss how he has utilized a community engagement model in the Market’s strategic plan. Over the last several years, the Market has developed a variety of programs to build connections with immigrant communities, underserved populations and youth across the City of Philadelphia. These efforts not only impact the involved communities through educational and civic capacity building, they also help define the Market as a relevant institution and public space in the minds of the newest and youngest Philadelphians.
Here’s a look at the full agenda:
- 8:00 AM – Registration & breakfast
- 8:30 AM – VIP Meet & Greet w/ Yancey Strickler
- 8:30 AM – Morning Mindfulness w/ On the Goga
- 9:20 AM – Welcome remarks
- 9:35 AM – Keynote Address w/ Yancey Strickler
- 10:25 AM – Envision a Future Driven by You
- 11:05 AM – Arts & culture activity
- 11:30 AM – Lunch
- 12:25 PM – Intrinsic Values Shape More than Your Personal Story
- 1:10 PM – Changing the Dominant Narrative through Immigrant Integration
- 1:55 PM – Building Bridges & Breaking Bread: Harnessing the Power of Community Engagement Models for Innovative Impact
- 2:35 PM – Call-to-action
- 2:45 PM – Exit
A huge thank you to our Sponsors:
- Knight Foundation
- Harrisburg University
- Pathways to Housing PA
So get your ticket today! Our goal is that you leave feeling affirmed, with a clear call-to-action for your community and tools for moving your organization forward.-30-
From our Partners
Promising new approaches correct for the disproportionate presence of Black families in the child welfare system
Does your organization’s IRL office matter anymore?
Black families confront a child welfare system that seems intent on separating children from parents
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
This is how the City must tackle behavioral health needs with the American Rescue Plan money
In Point Breeze, funding enables Diversified Community Services to move services ‘to the next level’
The School District of Philadelphia has a new COVID-19 dashboard to track cases in schools
Dual Enrollment at Congreso: Where does it go from here?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity