(Courtesy photo; design by Bradberry and Kheradi)
On the Market is a column where we highlight noteworthy job openings. Want to be featured on our jobs board? Check out generocity.org/jobs.
Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) has five open positions:
- Turning Points for Children community umbrella agency case manager — Turning Points for Children, an affiliate of PHMC, seeks applicants with extensive experience in human services case management work at the full performance level.
- Special education teacher — This position is responsible for the instruction of educational programs and curricula for exceptional students at Fairwold Academy.
- Certified medical assistant — This position performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in a manner that places emphasis on quality of care and customer service.
- Psychiatrist — This position provides leadership in psychiatric services in PHMC’s Health Services and Behavioral Health Services division.
- Fulltime interviewer — The Research & Evaluation Group at PHMC (R&E Group) is seeking someone to conduct survey data collection and reporting activities, while fostering strong working relationships between the project team and participants.
PHMC is a nonprofit public health agency whose mission is to create and sustain healthier communities through partnerships with city, state, federal government, foundations, businesses and community-based organizations. PHMC reaches more than 350,000 clients through its programs, network of subsidiaries and partnerships throughout the city.
From our Partners
Arch Street Meeting House Preservation Trust is looking for an executive director. The Arch Street Meeting House Preservation Trust (ASMHPT) is a nonprofit corporation formed in 2011 to oversee the preservation, operation and educational programs at the Arch Street Meeting House and grounds — a National Historic Landmark and the largest Quaker meeting house in the world.
The organization’s mission is to increase public understanding of the impact and continued relevance of Quakers and Quaker history. The executive director will lead the organization as it seeks to be the preeminent destination for experiencing and learning about Quakers’ unique contributions to society.
CORA Services is looking for a drug and alcohol counselor. Located in Northeast Philadelphia, CORA Services, Inc. is a nonprofit social services agency providing professional human services to children, youth, adults and families in an outpatient setting.
This position provides individual, family and group counseling services to adolescents, adults and families. Services also include comprehensive assessment, recovery case management activities and advocacy on behalf of clients. Individual and group services are performed at agency sites, as well as in school and community locations.
United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey has an opening for a private philanthropy officer, leadership giving and Women United. The Private Philanthropy team focuses on engaging individual donors in United Way’s mission to end intergenerational poverty.
The private philanthropy officer, Leadership Giving & Women United is responsible for cultivating and stewarding a portfolio of approximately 50 donors at the Leadership level ($1,000 – $5,000) using personal communication and annual visits.
Good Shepherd Mediation Program has an opening for a mediation coordinator. The community mediation center’s mission is to encourage peace, reconciliation, and social justice and empower individuals to resolve conflicts. The open coordinator position is responsible for intake, scheduling, case management, monitoring, and follow-up of all mediations, circle processes, victim-offender conferences, and other dialogue processes. Also record keeping and reporting, volunteer coordination and outreach, as needed.
The position is currently a 24-hour per week temporary position, but there is potential for it to become fulltime and permanent.
Other open jobs:
- The Barnes Foundation has an opening for a senior director of guest and protection services.
- The City of Philadelphia is looking for a director of professional development, diversity & inclusion.
- Delaware Museum of Natural History is seeking a school and community programs coordinator.
- National Liberty Museum has an opening for a manager of visitor and member services.
- The Nonprofit Center is hiring a director of marketing and communications.
- ROAR for Good has an opening for a VP of customer success.
- Urban Creators is looking to fill four openings: director of operations, farm and land manager, urban agriculture fellow, and neighborhood organizer.
- Philadelphia Youth Network is looking to fill two permanent fulltime positions: associate, education and workforce policy and strategy and project manager, continuous improvement; and nine temporary fulltime positions:
From our Partners
There’s a grant for that: 6 opportunities available from late May to mid-June, and on a rolling basis
Charitable giving: Are the rich really stingier than the rest of us?
Controller Rebecca Rhynhart releases analysis of proposed 2021 budget, and offers an alternative
¿Cómo preparamos a estudiantes sin ninguna historia familiar de educación universitaria?
Research brief: New tool to measure gender bias in the workplace may help finally eliminate it
Power moves: Arun Prabhakaran resigns from DA’s office to become executive VP at Urban Affairs Coalition
What does Friday the 13th have to do with homelessness?
How do we prepare first-generation graduates for college?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity