(Photo by J. Fusco for Visit Philadelphia)
On the Market is a column where we highlight noteworthy job openings. Want to be featured on our jobs board? Check out generocity.org/jobs.
Reporting to the VP, Advancement, the advancement specialist provides support to the VP, Advancement and Advancement team. They are responsible for managing the donor database, research and functionality to ensure the continued success and growth of the BBBSI’s fundraising efforts.
The HR director acts as a strategic business partner to senior leadership on a variety of issues, including leadership development and talent management. They will cultivate relationships to ensure that HR delivers value, service excellence and operational efficiency.
CeaseFirePA is seeking an executive director. CeaseFirePA’s agenda focuses on addressing all causes of gun violence, from stopping urban community gun violence to stemming the rising rates of gun suicides in rural Pennsylvania. The executive director will lead a strong board of directors, capable staff, and growing group of citizen advocates and will divide time between external-facing leadership and internal management, with a focus on six key areas where action is particularly critical to achieving community safety.
Community Legal Services Inc. has three staff openings:
- staff attorney, health and independence unit — This position will focus on a wide range of public benefits issues, including financial eligibility for Social Security Administration benefits as well as access to benefits from the state Department of Human Services.
- SSI unit – paralegal — While the duties of the paralegal position will vary based on the needs of the SSI Unit, the position will involve client interviews and other frequent communications with clients and the Social Security Administration.
- staff attorney – student debt project home ownership & consumer rights unit — this position advocates on behalf of low-income consumers with student debt issues.
From our Partners
Compass Working Capital is looking for a manager, strategic initiatives. This position will lead initiatives core to the Strategy Team’s capacity building work, provide day-to-day oversight for our online training and community-building platform, and engage in research projects to support a broad range of strategic initiatives. The Manager, Strategic Initiatives will also play a key role in ensuring smooth and efficient Strategy team operations and will support the delivery of high-quality services to Compass’ partners and stakeholders.
Drexel University is looking for a project manager, VP university & community partnership, to support its Promise Neighborhoods Initiative. Functions include reporting, performance measurement for contracted partners, grant administration, and compliance, and team operations/administration. This position reports to the Promise Neighborhood Project Director.
The Philadelphia Citizen has an opening for a managing director who will work closely with the co-executive directors to strategically guide organizational growth through development and management of a diverse set of revenue streams. The managing director will also own and develop execution of grant proposals, reports, and donor communications with a long-term, relationship-building approach, and will work closely with the event/sales manager to optimize event/sales strategy and execution of roughly 3 to 4 quarterly events, and one annual signature event.
Philadelphia Youth Network, Inc has four openings:
- manager, program operations — this position will be responsible for the operational success of department ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, quality control and evaluation, and manage a growing staff of three.
- senior business partnership specialist — this position position requires an energetic and innovative individual who will connect employers to talent by building and maintaining relationships within the regional business community.
- assistant controller — this position assists the controller in directing the organization’s accounting functions including invoicing, payables, payroll and reporting activities.
- controller — this position will be responsible for oversight of all accounting and reporting activities.
Oxford Area Neighborhood Services Center is looking for an executive director. The executive director is responsible for the advancement of the mission and oversight of the ongoing, day-to-day operational work of this vital non-profit organization located in Oxford, PA. Working with the board, the best person for this position will seek to nurture existing relationships and develop new avenues of partnership and support in the local community. Raising funds to accomplish the ongoing mission is essential to ensuring our organization continues to serve individuals and families. This leadership position ensures the team is best suited to carry out the mission and is a champion of the Center’s work in the community.
University City District has an opening for a manager, transportation and economic research. is responsible for research and analysis across a wide range of areas impacting everyone who lives, works, or spends time in University City. Given University City’s population and workforce growth, a common theme in planning for the future will be the need to grapple with issues at the intersection of traffic, transportation, and the pedestrian and cyclist experience. Thus, the successful candidate will guide the work of UCD’s Transportation Management Association (TMA), playing a leadership role in partnership with anchor institutions, city officials, public transit agencies, developers, and residents to analyze, address, and coordinate planning for a broad range of mobility issues, including: bike and pedestrian safety; traffic congestion; transit routing; transportation infrastructure improvements; and promoting and incentivizing the use of public transportation options.
Verified Voting has an opening for a program associate, election analyst. Verified Voting is working with election officials to pilot risk-limiting audits in as many jurisdictions as possible before the 2020 elections. This position will report directly to the director of science and technology policy and assist in the design, development, implementation and reporting of audit pilots in a variety of jurisdictions, and will be able to contribute to the formulation of state and local audit policy.
Plus these jobs that were featured in previous On the Market editions and are still open:
- At Arch Street Meeting House Preservation Trust: executive director.
- At CORA Services: drug and alcohol counselor.
- At Good Shepherd Mediation Program: mediation coordinator.
- At Public Health Management Corporation: special education teacher; Turning Points for Children Community Umbrella Agency case manager; certified medical assistant; psychiatrist; and fulltime interviewer.
- At United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey: private philanthropy officer, leadership giving & Women United and managing director, corporate partnerships.
Other job openings:
- Benefits Data Trust has 18 openings in Philadelphia
- College Possible is seeking an executive director
- Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School has openings for college and alumni counselor and development associate
- Delaware County is looking for its next executive director
- Free Press is looking for journalism project manager
- Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance is seeking a director of development and board liaison
- LISC Philadelphia has openings for communications intern and program assistant
- Philadelphia Mural Arts has an opening for a part-time human resources manager
- Read by 4th is looking for a communications manager
- Summer Search is looking for a development associate
- Women’s Medical Fund has an opening for a paid community organizing fellowship
From our Partners
82% of Americans want paid maternity leave — making it as popular as chocolate
Recalibration of power: Building an equitable tech pipeline in Philly
In May, let’s play with the future
Beyond Literacy: Combining nearly 90 years of history into one org
Disappearing benefit packages leave workers with chronic economic insecurity
Power moves: Andy Kang named executive director of Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition
Next five months are urgent for arts and culture organizations trying to stay afloat
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity