Listen to the pitch, then cast your vote for one of seven local nonprofits - Generocity Philly

Purpose

Jun. 22, 2020 12:12 pm

Listen to the pitch, then cast your vote for one of seven local nonprofits

They are vying for support as Philanthropitch's national social impact fast pitch competition focuses on Philadelphia. Voting opens today.

Pitch judges, top: Shelley Sylva, Sandra Maro Hunt, Trish Wellenbach; bottom: Laura Kind McKenna, Gwyneth Gaul. Trooper Sanders.

(Courtesy photos)

This column was submitted by Philanthropitch.
Philanthropitch, an innovative pitch competition for nonprofits, was poised to have our first  Philadelphia event this April.

We were thrilled to be raising funds for scalable, impactful nonprofits in Philadelphia! But when COVID-19 hit, our event — which is normally held in-person and features a panel of all-star judges, seven incredible nonprofits pitching, and a live audience voting — had to be postponed. Now, we’re returning to Philadelphia with a new twist— we’ve gone virtual!

We’re proud to continue to be true to our core focus: providing nonprofits access to unrestricted funds through a new and improved virtual format.

Founded in 2013, Philanthropitch has given away more than $1,300,000 in donations to over 80 organizations around the country. Nonprofits go through an application process to be selected to pitch their innovative, sustainable and scalable programs and business models. Once selected, they participate in intensive business coaching and pitch training before they take the stage to pitch for funding to an exclusive judges panel of business executives and community leaders.

Corporate sponsors, partners and audience members also have the chance to donate and vote. These donations directly support the nonprofit finalist and their positive impact in the community.

So this time, we’re keeping the all-star judges and incredible nonprofits, but the seven finalists will pitch and answer the judge’s Q&A on video, which will then be live on the Philanthropitch website for one week.

Just like the in-person events, you — the audience members — will have the opportunity to cast your vote by donating a minimum $25 donation to the nonprofit(s) of your choice!

Our goal is to connect the nonprofits we serve to unrestricted funds, to peers in respective cause areas, and to models that work, because we’ve seen the impact that can have.

For example, past finalist Ruling Our Experiences (ROX), a national nonprofit leader in programming, research and education focused on girls,  pitched for funding in 2019 to train 25 new facilitators and put 800 girls through their 20 week programming. Since then, they have had a 30% increase in the number of ROX participants and trained a record number of 200 new facilitators. It’s been thrilling to see their growth after pitching at Philanthropitch,

From our Partners

We’re excited to share this event with Philadelphia. Please join us this week at philanthropitch.org to hear pitches from:

• Art-Reach
  • Hopeworks
  • Career Wardrobe
  • 12+
  • Mural Arts Philadelphia
  • Safe Hub
  • Pathways to Housing

Thank you to our presenting sponsor, Social Venture Partners Philadelphia, and to our judges for the competition: Laura Kind McKenna, Sandra Hunt, Trish Wellenbach, Gwyneth Gaul, Trooper Sanders and Shelley Sylva.

-30-
LEAVE A COMMENT

From our Partners

A new reason Americans are getting leery of billionaire donors

Generocity community responds to Vu Le post on paying interview-stage job applicants

Student voice needs to be at forefront of CRT decision-making

SPONSORED

Generocity Philly

Good food + good people + good cause = good times

Ardmore, PA

Breastcancer.org

Fundraising Events Manager

Apply Now
Philadelphia, PA

SteegeThomson Communications

Associate

Apply Now
1729 Mount Vernon Street Philadelphia PA 19130

MURAL ARTS PHILADELPHIA

Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer/Office Manager

Apply Now

The new normal means centering mental health to recover

Nonprofit AF: It’s time we pay interview-stage job applicants for their time

Homelessness in reentry is a serious concern. Here’s what Philly is doing about it

SPONSORED

Generocity Philly

Beyond Literacy: Combining nearly 90 years of history into one org

A hybrid of remote and in-office work is possible.

Council for Relationships

Director of Development

Apply Now
Philadelphia, PA

Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts

Manager of Membership & Annual Giving

Apply Now
Philadelphia, PA 19127

Starfinder Foundation

Program & Events Coordinator

Apply Now

Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity