There are six current job openings at the Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC), a multi-layered company with more than 3,000 employees working within the 350 programs that run across 70 sites in the region (see more about the company culture here):
- The Behavioral Health Technician provides therapeutic support and behavioral interventions to children/adolescents in home, school and/or community settings in order to help the client achieve goals identified on their treatment plan.
- Turning Points for Children an affiliate of PHMC seeks a Case Manager with extensive experience in human services case management work at the full performance level. An employee in this position performs a variety of counseling, referral, placement and/or adoptive functions related to services for children and youth.
- Turning Points for Children also seeks a Case Management Supervisor. The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the activities of, and gives consultation and direction to the case managers engaged in performing a variety of counseling, referral, placement and/or adoptive functions related to services to children and youth in the CUA. The employee has controlling responsibility for the operation of a CUA case management unit and insures that the unit conforms to standards, regulations and laws of the CUA, TPFC, and city, state and federal agencies.
- The Emotional Support Special Education Teacher is responsible for the instruction of educational programs and curricula for exceptional students. This position develops and implements the Individual Education Plan (IEP) for each student and collaborates with members of the instructional team in the planning and implementation of behavioral and academic interventions and supports to ensure students receive a quality educational program.
- PHMC is seeking a Psychiatrist/Associate Medical Director to provide leadership in psychiatric services in PHMC’s Health Services and Behavioral Health Services division. The candidate will provide direct clinical services as well as ensure that clinical services are integrated into each client’s overall treatment plan, consistent with the program model of care or services.
- The Web-Focused Graphic Designer is a member of the centralized communications and strategy development team, reporting to the director of creative services. This role is a contributor to the creative team’s vision and strategy, responsible for conceptualizing and executing high-quality creative design work, with particular focus on web design and development, in coordination with the department’s initiatives to support PHMC and its family of programs and subsidiaries.
From our Partners
Al-Bustan Seeds of Culture — a nonprofit that serves youth and adults of all ethnic, religious, and socio-economic backgrounds, while supporting the pursuit and affirmation of Arab American cultural identity and playing a constructive civic role within broader American society — is looking for an Executive Director as its founding director will transition from her role by the end of 2020. The position reports to the board of directors and is responsible for the organization’s administration and implementation of its strategic direction, as well as managing its staff and programs. Other key responsibilities include fundraising and oversight of marketing and community outreach.
The Chamber of Commerce for Greater Philadelphia seeks a Senior Director of Business Attraction and Expansion. The position leads the effort to tell Greater Philadelphia’s economic story and drive talent, company and capital growth in the 11-county region. This position is responsible for the development of a focused business attraction and retention marketing strategy, currently in the following areas – life sciences/biotechnology, industrial/chemicals and technology talent. In addition, the Senior Director, Business Attraction and Expansion will assist in the private/public efforts for the recharge and recovery of the Greater Philadelphia economy due to the global pandemic and related economic downturn.
Education Law Center PA, a statewide nonprofit legal advocacy organization that has played a leading role on key issues of educational equity and civil rights since 1975, is looking for a Policy Director for the organization’s Philadelphia office. The candidate should have a demonstrated commitment to public interest law and advancing the rights of underserved populations.
The Live Like Blaine Foundation — established to honor the memory of Blaine Steinberg, and with a mission to inspire and empower young women to become leaders through athletics — seeks a Development Manager. The position will develop and oversee the annual fundraising program; identify prospective individual, foundation and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships; and maintain and engage relationships with existing donors, among other responsibilities.
Lutheran Settlement House is looking for a Family Advocate. Under the supervision of the Case Management Supervisor, the Family Advocate provides case management services for assigned case load at Jane Addams Place, an emergency shelter for families experiencing homelessness. Family Advocates conduct assessments, coordinate services, make referrals, and monitor progress on client-driven goals, and serve as a systems liaison and advocate for and on behalf of residents.
Mental Health Partnerships seeks a Manager — Marketing Business Development. The Marketing Business Development Manager’s role will focus on two areas: expansion of the marketplace regionally and nationally of The Institute for Recovery and Community Integration’s virtual training and workshop capacity and expansion of our Community Autism Peer Specialist program outside of the Philadelphia region. The Marketing Business Development Manager will develop and execute a marketing strategy for both the Institute and CAPS programs.
The National Liberty Museum is looking for a Sponsorship and Events Fundraiser. NLM seeks an experienced professional with a successful track record in nonprofit fundraising or relevant for-profit sales to advance the Museum’s contributed revenue and sponsorship goals for our programs and events, as well as for the annual Gala and Glass Auction, which for the first time will be virtual on October 10, 2020. The positions will work with an assigned portfolio of prospects and actively build on the portfolio in researching and discovering new sources of institutional support.
The Pennsylvania Coalition of Public Charter Schools seeks an Executive Director. The position is responsible for effectively advocating to assure that legislation and administrative policies provide accountability, transparency, and equitable treatment and funding for all forms of K-12 public education; driving to establish high standards of performance and consistently strong and fair authorizers for all charter schools; and creating a strong and sustained financial base for the organization, among other responsibilities.
The Philadelphia Association of CDCs, the leading voice of equitable neighborhood revitalization in Philadelphia, has an opening for a Programs Assistant. This position will advance strategies to support the growth and engagement of PACDC’s membership and provide support to the Philadelphia Community Development Leadership Institute, PACDC’s training and technical assistance arm. The Programs Assistant will work closely with the Membership and Communications Manager, Director of Programs, and other staff to provide program and database assistance.
Philadelphia Youth Basketball is looking for a Finance and Operations Coordinator. The position will be responsible for duties including but not limited to areas of budget and finance, project management, and executive assistantship, including providing operational and administrative support, collaborating with PYB’s external accounting partner, and assisting with annual audit and 990 process needs. The position also provides executive assistant support to PYB’s president & CEO, among other responsibilities.
Starfinder Foundation seeks an Executive Director, who will champion Starfinder’s soccer for social change mission and work closely with the board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through high quality programs, strategic partnerships, and effective operations. The ED drives strategic planning, ensures fiscal health, and cultivates a high-performing team, as well as partnering with the board and staff to develop a strategic vision for Starfinder’s future, among other responsibilities. This position also serves as the primary spokesperson for the organization to its constituents, the media, and the general public.
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia is looking for a GSI Partners Manager. The manager of the GSI Partners initiative will lead the implementation of all program activities, increase and diversify membership, steward relationships with members and other key industry stakeholders, and advance identified industry priorities. The ideal candidate has a proven passion for and subject matter expertise in green stormwater infrastructure and a demonstrated record of taking a cooperative and collaborative approach to their work.
Taller Puertorriqueño, a community-based cultural organization whose primary purpose is to preserve, develop and promote Puerto Rican arts and culture, has an opening for a Gift Shop Manager & Membership Support. This position coordinates all operations of Taller Puertorriqueño’s Julia de Burgos Gift Shop (bookstore) including merchandise marketing and promotion, development of store inventory, ordering and sales of stocked and new items, and the handling of all cash receipts. With the Executive Director s/he coordinates the Meet the Author Series and other bookstore program initiatives and manages day to day operations of Taller’s Gift Shop.
Union Benevolent Association, which provides approximately $200,000 in grants annually to organizations that serve vulnerable populations with basic needs, is looking to fill the position of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will manage the grants management system to ensure the foundation runs smoothly. This person will also be responsible for accounts payable and grants management and will serve as grant information communications liaison via the UBA email portal.
The Workshop School and Building 21, two of the nation’s most unique and innovative high schools, have an opening for a School Technology Coordinator to oversee and provide a variety of services and supports across two high school campuses. The School Tech Coordinator is responsible for three primary functions: Chromebook support and maintenance; instructional technology support; and system/process management. The ideal candidate for this position has expertise and experience in GSuite administration, chromebook support (hardware and app management), hardware maintenance, and instructional technology. Experience with makerspace technology (3D printer, laser cutter, CNC router) are strongly preferred but not required.
The Youth and Sentencing Reentry Project (YSRP), which seeks to end the imposition of, or lessen the duration and impact of adult criminal sentences on low-income children and their families, is looking for a Development & Operations Coordinator. The position will support efforts to garner revenue, tell the organizational story, and provide critical support. The Development & Operations Coordinator will work remotely for the foreseeable future, and subsequently will be based in Philadelphia.
Other job openings
- Women’s Medical Fund is looking for a Manager of Development.
- Pennsylvania Immigration and Citizenship Coalition has an opening for a Resource Director.
- William Way LGBT Community Center is looking for a Director of the Arcila-Adams Trans Resource Center and Empowerment Programs.
- Juntos is looking for a Fuerza Coordinator.
- CeaseFirePA is looking to hire a Philadelphia Organizer.
- Benefits Data Trust is seeking a Director of Policy.
- The Phoenixville Community Health Foundation has an opening for a Program Officer.
From our Partners
Power Moves: Talk about Black excellence
Addressing the growing rental crisis in Philadelphia
Generocity to publish ‘Forward Focus’, a series profiling nonprofit leaders’ views on resilience and recovery in 2020
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
I Belong works to help recent immigrants feel seen and heard without judgment
Reimagining housing: A Q & A with Diana Lind
These Gen Z media-makers are ready and willing to claim a seat at the table
Dual Enrollment at Congreso: Where does it go from here?
Public Health Management Corporation
Regional Manager, Healthcare and Emergency Management (NW and Central Pa.)Apply Now
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity