(Image by Pete Linforth from Pixabay)
Anxious? Excited? Nervous?
Who can blame you? We’ve all been told that this may well be the most important election of our lifetimes. Also, that we should vote like our life depends on it— because it does.
We’re not disputing it. Neither are we making light of the act of voting which is, clearly, our superpower as citizens. But sometimes we just wish these serious matters were drafted in lighter terms, and drawn in cheerier colors. Especially on this Election Day.
So, to follow the brilliant Toni Morrison‘s advice — “If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it” — we’ve created that for ourselves (and you) in the form of this 17-point graphic agenda.
And — because it’s us, after all — it’s got some useful information, too.
1. Wake up.
2. Get yourself a cup of something hot and bracing.
3. Stare into your closet, wondering what you’re going to wear to the polls.
From our Partners
4. Realize it doesn’t matter what you decide to wear because it is brisk and you are just going to cover it up with a coat anyway.
5. Do you know where you are going?
7. Okay, you are finally on your way out the door.
8. Wait a minute … did you forget the most important thing? Go back inside and get it.
9. Whew! You made it to your polling place.
10. Hmmm. Looks like it might be a while.
11. Uh, oh. Some chucklehead is acting up. Actually, it’s worse than just acting up …
14. Get your “I voted” sticker.
15. During the day, check the news but don’t obsess, because this thing won’t be settled tonight, amirite?
16. Serve yourself something hot and soothing.
17. Admire the way democracy works.
From our Partners
Nonprofit AF: 10 tips for spicing up your love life if you work in nonprofit and philanthropy
Nonprofits helped organize the pro-Trump rally before the Capitol siege – but they probably won’t suffer any consequences
Opinion: This is how coup d’états end
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
Nonprofit AF: 21 tips to make getting back to work this week more bearable
The 25 most popular Generocity stories of 2020
Nonprofit AF: 8 nonprofit-themed mocktails for your virtual holiday parties
Dual Enrollment at Congreso: Where does it go from here?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity