ADVANCE is a half-day conference from Generocity dedicated to helping move forward ideas, organizations, and professionals that drive smarter impact.
This year’s conference will be held as an all-virtual event on Thursday, November 12, as part of PHLanthropy Week which runs November 9 – 14. In tandem with PHLanthropy Week’s focus on “Moving with Intent”, ADVANCE will focus on “Resilience and Recovery.” Between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. ET when the event closes, attendees will explore insights and ideas that will help them transform today’s toughest challenges into areas of learning and new opportunity.
ADVANCE 2020 features six sessions, each beginning as fireside chats with local social impact leaders. The day will be punctuated with breakout rooms where nonprofit professionals can share ideas and experiences with fellow attendees.
Speakers you can expect to hear from include:
- Alberto Ibargüen, president and CEO, Knight Foundation
- Katherina Rosqueta, founding executive director of the Center for High Impact Philanthropy
- Sidney Hargro, president of Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia
- Bill Golderer, president and CEO, United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
- Omar Woodard, executive director, GreenLight Fund Philadelphia
The conference schedule is as follows:
From our Partners
- 9:00 – 9:30am – Welcome!
- 9:30 – 10:00am – How has Philadelphia’s just recovery gone so far?
- 10:30 – 11:00am – What must Philadelphia do to be better prepared for the next crisis?
- 11:30 – 12:00pm – Real world policy changes for poverty alleviation now
- 12:30 – 1:00pm – What can philanthropy and venture capital teach each other about solutions?
- 1:30 – 2:00pm – How technology can help, and hurt, communities of color?
- 2:30 – 3:00pm – How to take protests to policy
- 3:20 – 3:30pm – Farewell
*Each discussion will be promptly followed by a 20-minute breakout session and a 10-minute break.
In addition to probing conversations with local leaders in philanthropy, CSR, and more, we have designed the day with the intent that you leave feeling inspired, motivated, and reinvigorated to move your mission (and career) forward.
Generocity is proud to partner with The Association of Fundraising Professionals – Greater Philadelphia Chapter (AFP-GPC) to share two days of virtual events. Following ADVANCE is a National Philanthropy Day virtual awards event, to be held at 12 pm ET on Nov. 13th. Learn more here.
Learn more about ADVANCE and register for the free conference today
Explore the Focus Forward Series
As part of this year’s event, we have interviewed several leaders in Philadelphia to get their thoughts and experiences on traversing issues such as the pandemic, economic shock, social injustice, and rising demands to eradicate racism. For the first in our interview series, Women’s Medical Fund Executive Director Elicia Gonzales explains how the organization prioritizes abortion funding while centering anti-racism. Subscribe to receive alerts with each newly published interview.
Share this message
Help fellow nonprofit professionals benefit from the day’s knowledge and virtual conversations. Use the social icons to the left to share these stories with colleagues, social impact enthusiasts and more.-30-
From our Partners
Who follows mask guidelines but is still unvaccinated? A new COVID-19 survey explores the answers
Digital access is foundational. What are local orgs doing to improve it?
Power moves: Varsovia Fernández and Patricia Wilson Aden named to top posts
Meet Kim Andrews, new executive director for The Fund for Women and Girls
Training the trainer for success
Opinion: We have a duty to protect our children from spikes in RSV cases
Research suggests teachers and school staff play a central role in COVID-19 outbreaks on campus
Be the leader to bring a 26-year mission into the future in Chester County
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity