About Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region is a donor-supported organization that enriches, encourages and empowers children to reach their highest potential through safe, one-to-one mentoring relationships.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence Region’s mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
By partnering with parents/guardians, volunteers and others in the community we are accountable for each child in our program achieving:
o Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships
o Avoidance of risky behaviors
o Educational success
Our vision is that all children achieve success in life!
National research has shown that positive relationships between Littles and their Bigs have a direct and measurable impact on children’s lives. By participating in our programs, Little Brothers and Sisters are:
o More confident in their schoolwork performance
o Able to get along better with their families
o 46% less likely to begin using illegal drugs
o 27% less likely to begin using alcohol
o 52% less likely to skip school
Generocity Coverage (14 posts)
- On the market: 46 nonprofit opportunities to fuel your excitement
- On the market: 35 openings across the nonprofit sector
- On the market: This is the new normal during COVID-19 and the stay-at-home order
- On the Market: 46 opportunities for nonprofit professionals in Philadelphia
- On the Market: 14 job openings across the nonprofit sector
- On the Market: Here are 56 jobs at news organizations, museums, nonprofits and advocacy organizations