About Free Library of Philadelphia
The Free Library of Philadelphia is the public library system serving Philadelphia. The library is the tenth largest public library system in the United States. The governance of the library is unique among public libraries in the United States, as it is neither a city agency or nonprofit organization. The library is governed by both an independent city agency managed by its own board of directors and a separate nonprofit organization, The Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation.
Generocity Coverage (64 posts)
- Barnes Foundation’s virtual reality program combines high-tech gadgets with low-tech community building
- Free classes at Lillian Marrero Library pair cooking with English learning
- These young people are making poetry in Kensington. And the community loves it.
- Molly de Aguiar wonders why philanthropy isn’t ‘placing bigger bets’
- On the Market: Openings at Fairmount Park Conservancy, Pathways to Housing PA, Education Law Center and 10 more
- Meet Hazami Sayed, immigrant leader and founder of Al-Bustan Seeds of Culture