About Mazzoni Center
Founded in 1979, Mazzoni Center is a multi-service, community-based, health and social service provider aiming to advance the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) communities. With the onset of AIDS, in 1981, the agency responded by incorporating HIV care and prevention services and has remained at the forefront of designing and implementing numerous programs and services to combat HIV/AIDS.
From the establishment of the first HIV testing site in Pennsylvania in 1985 and first sponsored housing for individuals living with HIV in 1986, to opening the region’s first HIV-related food bank in 1989, Mazzoni Center has led the way in innovative and compassionate care and services for at-risk communities.
In 2003, the organization opened its primary care medical practice, which has since become a cornerstone of the organization’s services.
Through steady and continued growth, Mazzoni Center has expanded to offer a full continuum of services to Philadelphia’s LGBTQ communities, including: primary medical care, mental health counseling and substance abuse treatment services, legal services, HIV prevention & care, youth support in schools, and professional development and LGBTQ competency training.
Today, with more than 35,000 individuals benefiting annually from its services, Mazzoni Center is a leader among community-based organizations in the greater Philadelphia area.
To provide quality comprehensive health and wellness services in an LGBTQ-focused environment, while preserving the dignity and improving the quality of life of the individuals we serve.
Generocity Coverage (6 posts)
- Opinion: Dare to imagine a different kind of board
- COVID-19 prompted changes at Mazzoni include furloughs for 30% of staff, leadership paycuts
- On the Market: 46 opportunities for nonprofit professionals in Philadelphia
- Power Moves: Celena Morrison will lead the Office of LGBT Affairs
- Astrological philanthrophy? Let’s talk zodiac sun signs and giving in 2020
- On the Market: 28 job openings to fill your holidays with bright and hopeful possibilities