ADVANCE 2020 is a half-day virtual conference from Generocity dedicated to progressing ideas, organizations, and professionals that drive smarter impact.
Breathe a sigh of relief. Election “week” is over. Now it’s time to get back to your full focus on making this world a better place. And what better time than now to refresh that vision? Tomorrow’s ADVANCE conference seeks to give you new tools and ideas to help move your mission and career forward.
With a range of speakers and sessions, this year’s conference will help you embrace the new “now” with clarity and renewed vigor.
- Sidney Hargro and Katherina Rosqueta will update you on Philadelphia’s “just recovery” so far.
- Bill Golderer and Omar Woodard have ideas for policy changes that will alleviate poverty now.
- Erin Stephens and Samantha Matlin will share what Philadelphia must do to better prepare for the next crisis.
- Alberto Ibargüen believes philanthropists and venture capitalists can collaborate on solutions.
- Bobbi Booker and Jamie Bracey-Green will explore how technology can help and hurt communities of color.
- And Candace McKinley, lead organizer of Philadelphia Community Bail Fund, will discuss how to take protests to policy.
This year’s virtual conference will focus on recovery and resiliency in the social impact sector. In addition to a range of speakers, the conference will include virtual breakout sessions for attendees to debrief and reflect.
From our Partners
The conference schedule is as follows:
- 9:00 – 9:30am – Welcome!
- 9:30 – 10:00am – How has Philadelphia’s just recovery gone so far?
- 10:30 – 11:00am – What must Philadelphia do to be better prepared for the next crisis?
- 11:30 – 12:00pm – Real world policy changes for poverty alleviation now
- 12:30 – 1:00pm – What can philanthropy and venture capital teach each other about solutions?
- 1:30 – 2:00pm – How technology can help, and hurt, communities of color?
- 2:30 – 3:00pm – How to take protests to policy
- 3:20 – 3:30pm – Farewell
*Each discussion will be promptly followed by a 20-minute breakout session and a 10-minute break.
In the midst of a pandemic, a profound shift in presidential change of power, an economic recession, and a national fight for racial justice, it is difficult to see a clear way forward; ADVANCE 2020 can provide some clarity, insight, and solutions.
Attend the full conference on Zoom and join us for a special live stream broadcast of our first session at 9:30 am, “How has Philadelphia’s just recovery gone so far?” Visit Generocity on Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter to catch the live show.
Learn more about ADVANCE and register for the free conference today
Explore the Focus Forward Series
As part of this year’s event, we have interviewed several leaders in Philadelphia to get their thoughts and experiences on traversing issues such as the pandemic, economic shock, social injustice, and rising demands to eradicate racism. Subscribe to receive alerts with each newly published interview.
Share this message
Help fellow nonprofit professionals benefit from the day’s knowledge and virtual conversations. Use the social icons to the left to share these stories with colleagues, social impact enthusiasts, and more.-30-
From our Partners
Recent survey indicates that the majority of fundraisers are unhappy with how the sector does its work
Thanksgiving in 2020: An opportunity to create new Thanksgiving traditions
In Philly’s Indonesian community, every COVID-19 death has been impactful. And prompts its members to help each other
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
In response to COVID-19, these two United Way leaders in Chester County are doing things differently
5 steps organizations must take to become anti-racist
A tale of two pandemics: A nonfiction comic about historical racial health disparities
Dual Enrollment at Congreso: Where does it go from here?
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity