Want to know who’s making a difference in Philadelphia? Take a look at GreenLight Fund Philadelphia‘s newly chiseled board of directors.
According to the venture philanthropy nonprofit’s ED Omar Woodard, GreenLight has selected a new cadre of local leaders to join its board:
- Brigitte Daniel — She’s the executive VP of Wilco Electronic Systems, a private cable provider specializing in providing access to technology to underserved communities, and the founder of Mogulette, an org that aims to get more young women of color into tech entrepreneurship.
- Jon Gosier — The venture capitalist, data scientist and social entrepreneur has been the driving force behind several social enterprises and startups, including D8A, software that uses social media data to help prevent crime.
- Tayyib Smith — The entrepreneur is the founder of the Knight-funded Institute of Hip Hop Entrepreneurship, coworking space Pipeline Philly, marketing agency Little Giant Creative and two.one.five magazine.
- Joy Soto — Former executive director of the city’s youth commission, Soto has recently been consulting the Greater Philadelphia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce‘s Youth Summit.
- Luke Butler — Former chief of staff to Commerce Director Alan Greenberger, Butler joined visual analytics startup Curalate earlier this year.
- Maia Jachimowicz — Former mayor Michael Nutter’s policy director is now the VP for evidence-based policy implementation for D.C.-based nonprofit Results for America.
- Lee Garber — Spruce Foundation’s cofounder is currently a principal at private equity firm NewSpring Capital.
From our Partners
— Omar T. Woodard (@OmarWoodard) September 27, 2016
From our Partners
Today’s state budget blues will bring tomorrow’s nonprofit woes
UPenn faculty calls on board of trustees to reverse their position on PILOTs at meeting tomorrow
How (and when) do I dissolve my nonprofit, or merge it with another?
Inscripción Doble en Congreso: Lo que trae el futuro
Grassroots nonprofits and COVID-19 relief funding
Salima Pace is one of a new generation of union leaders. But why stop at that?
Funding the COVID-19 recovery in Philly: Tracing the lessons to date
Dual Enrollment at Congreso: Where does it go from here?
Planned Parenthood Southeastern PA
Gender Affirming Care Services CoordinatorApply Now
Public Health Management Corporation
Regional Manager, Healthcare and Emergency Management (NW and Central Pa.)Apply Now
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity