Want to know who’s making a difference in Philadelphia? Take a look at GreenLight Fund Philadelphia‘s newly chiseled board of directors.
According to the venture philanthropy nonprofit’s ED Omar Woodard, GreenLight has selected a new cadre of local leaders to join its board:
- Brigitte Daniel — She’s the executive VP of Wilco Electronic Systems, a private cable provider specializing in providing access to technology to underserved communities, and the founder of Mogulette, an org that aims to get more young women of color into tech entrepreneurship.
- Jon Gosier — The venture capitalist, data scientist and social entrepreneur has been the driving force behind several social enterprises and startups, including D8A, software that uses social media data to help prevent crime.
- Tayyib Smith — The entrepreneur is the founder of the Knight-funded Institute of Hip Hop Entrepreneurship, coworking space Pipeline Philly, marketing agency Little Giant Creative and two.one.five magazine.
- Joy Soto — Former executive director of the city’s youth commission, Soto has recently been consulting the Greater Philadelphia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce‘s Youth Summit.
- Luke Butler — Former chief of staff to Commerce Director Alan Greenberger, Butler joined visual analytics startup Curalate earlier this year.
- Maia Jachimowicz — Former mayor Michael Nutter’s policy director is now the VP for evidence-based policy implementation for D.C.-based nonprofit Results for America.
- Lee Garber — Spruce Foundation’s cofounder is currently a principal at private equity firm NewSpring Capital.
From our Partners
— Omar T. Woodard (@OmarWoodard) September 27, 2016
From our Partners
Power Moves: Jasmine Sessoms joins Community College of Philadelphia
Tamela Luce’s professional advice? Take up space and be heard
Become a Generocity member for a chance to win a free ticket to #TechForwardConf
PA Humanities Council helps communities reclaim their stories
15 deserving nonprofits want you to vote for them — now
Leadership transitions — is your nonprofit ready?
Power Moves: Euria Min becomes director of the Lipman Family Prize
Nonprofits and startups can win up to $360K at the WeWork Creator Awards
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity