Inspired by #MeToo, Chester County groups launched this first-ever local survey on workplace sexual harassment - Generocity Philly

Purpose

Nov. 16, 2018 11:03 am

Inspired by #MeToo, Chester County groups launched this first-ever local survey on workplace sexual harassment

"In an idyllic community where there can be skepticism or disbelief that social problems such as poverty, addiction, or sexual assault exist, it was important to us to bring the data to the forefront to start a dialogue aimed at change."

#ChescoKnows.

(Image via the Chester County Fund for Women and Girls)

Two ChesCo women’s organizations are trying to better understand what #MeToo looks like locally.

Chester County Fund for Women and Girls (CCFWG), the West Chester-based grant maker that supports girls’ leadership development, has teamed up with Chester County Women’s Commission, charged with supporting local women’s issues via legislative advocacy, to promote a workplace sexual harassment survey for those who live and work in the county.

The orgs hopes its findings will “ultimately be used by Chester County employers to spark conversations about healthy and safe workplace environments for all,” according to a press release.

The short survey asks respondents questions such as “If you opted not to report a sexual harassment incident … at your current workplace that you experienced, what were the reasons?” and “How comfortable would you feel discussing a behavior or experience related to sexual harassment that made you feel uncomfortable with any of the following at your current workplace?”

Take the survey

CCFWG Executive Director Michelle Legaspi Sanchez said the survey was the first of its kind in the county and it was inspired by national rise in workplace sexual harassment claims.

Her organization and CCWC “have been in conversation for many months about how we can come together in response to the #metoo movement,” she wrote in an email.

“In an idyllic community where there can be skepticism or disbelief that social problems such as poverty, addiction, or sexual assault exist, it was important to us to bring the data to the forefront to start a dialogue aimed at change,” Legaspi Sanchez said. “CCWC decided to commission the research, and we unequivocally moved forward to fund the project through our Impact Grants and partner with CCWC to help ensure its success.”

From our Partners

People of all genders are encouraged to participate in the survey, which will be open until Dec. 21. Results will be released in the spring at a joint event with CCFWG and CCWC.

-30-
LEAVE A COMMENT

From our Partners

A new reason Americans are getting leery of billionaire donors

Generocity community responds to Vu Le post on paying interview-stage job applicants

Student voice needs to be at forefront of CRT decision-making

SPONSORED

Generocity Philly

Good food + good people + good cause = good times

Ardmore, PA

Breastcancer.org

Fundraising Events Manager

Apply Now
Philadelphia, PA

SteegeThomson Communications

Associate

Apply Now
1729 Mount Vernon Street Philadelphia PA 19130

MURAL ARTS PHILADELPHIA

Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer/Office Manager

Apply Now

The new normal means centering mental health to recover

Nonprofit AF: It’s time we pay interview-stage job applicants for their time

Homelessness in reentry is a serious concern. Here’s what Philly is doing about it

SPONSORED

Generocity Philly

Beyond Literacy: Combining nearly 90 years of history into one org

A hybrid of remote and in-office work is possible.

Council for Relationships

Director of Development

Apply Now
Philadelphia, PA

Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts

Manager of Membership & Annual Giving

Apply Now
Philadelphia, PA 19127

Starfinder Foundation

Program & Events Coordinator

Apply Now

Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity