Good food + good people + good cause = good times - Generocity Philly

Purpose

Jun. 8, 2021 12:18 pm

Good food + good people + good cause = good times

Hungry Harvest's event June 15 at Love City Brewery will benefit Mama-Tee Community Fridge which helps provide sustainable food for those in need in communities of color throughout the city.

The Produce to the People road trip helps food producers and consumers.

(Courtesy of Hungry Harvest)

Come celebrate the start of summer by raising a glass while raising money to provide access to fresh food for Philadelphians in need.

As a produce and grocery delivery service, Hungry Harvest knows a thing or two about getting fresh fruits and vegetables into the hands and homes of people looking to live a healthier lifestyle. Starting this June however, they’re expanding their hunger and food waste fighting mission by getting back to their roots and back into their communities with seasonal road trips, four times a year, to all of the markets they serve.

Hungry Harvest delivering food boxes. (Courtesy of Hungry Harvest)

As part of their inaugural Produce to the People Road Trip, they’ll be hitting the road on a three city tour to bring together every aspect of their mission, culminating with local events that celebrate the good work we are doing together.

Their first stop is Philadelphia, and they’re hoping you’ll join them at Love City Brewery on Tuesday June 15th from 5 to 9 p.m. to raise a glass while raising money to fuel future trips to other cities. Proceeds from their event in Philly will benefit Mama-Tee Community Fridge which helps provide sustainable food for those in need in communities of color throughout the city of Philadelphia. Hungry Harvest is committed to increasing their weekly donations to them, providing at least 2,500 pounds of fresh produce through the end of 2021.

“I am thrilled to kick off the Road Trip program and find new ways to connect the dots between rescued produce and underserved communities.” said Evan Lutz, founder and CEO of Hungry Harvest. “Our goal from the very beginning has been to fight food waste and build a more equitable food system that gives all members of our communities access to healthier choices like fresh produce. Our seasonal Road Trip program is an important part of scaling that impact by going deeper in our local neighborhoods, creating new hunger-solving partnerships and strengthening our relationships with local farmers at every stop.”

From our Partners

Each seasonal road trip helps small farms and organizations that often get overlooked by rescuing at least 20,000 pounds of produce that might otherwise go to waste directly from local farms.

Each road trip also establishes new ongoing programs to help fight hunger through produce donations and food box distributions, while offering the community a chance to connect over food and drink, learn more about the farm and donation partners and raise money to grow future impact.

Hungry Harvest’s free community event in Philadelphia will feature lots of fresh produce plus retro video games on a big screen, a grocery giveaway, signature cocktails featuring rescued produce, swag bags, and more. All donations will benefit the Produce for the People Road Trip partners by providing weekly produce from Hungry Harvest for their food access programming.

You can join the fun when you RSVP for the event at Love City Brewery on Tuesday June 15 from 5 – 9pm.

For those who aren’t able to attend in person, you can donate through their online fundraiser to match Hungry Harvest’s contributions and help support future Road Trips to other cities.

-30-
LEAVE A COMMENT

From our Partners

Nonprofit fundraisers: this is your moment

Donations, food and God have kept Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission going for more than 140 years

Nonprofiit AF: Common arguments used against Community-Centric Fundraising, and why they don’t hold water

SPONSORED

Generocity Philly

Village of the Arts seeks to deepen and scale its impact as it reflects on its legacy

Philadelphia, PA

PA Humanities

Senior Operations Manager

Apply Now
Hamilton, NJ

Grounds For Sculpture

Preparator

Apply Now
Philadelphia, PA

Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) Philadelphia

Program Officer, Equitable Neighborhoods

Apply Now

Opinion: Funders can do better, but so can nonprofits

From top to bottom, the way we do what we do in fundraising is designed to uphold the status quo. How do you change that?

Student voice needs to be at forefront of CRT decision-making

SPONSORED

Generocity Philly

On June 17, First Person Arts and EMOC launch a virtual event they hope will shatter misperceptions of men of color

3675 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104

University City Science Center

Development Associate

Apply Now
Erie

Hagen History Center/Erie County Historical Society

Hagen History Center Executive Director

Apply Now
Philadelphia, PA

The Lenfest Institute for Journalism

Program Director, National Programs

Apply Now

Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity