(Photo by Flickr user Dennis Skley, used under a Creative Commons license)
If you’re looking for a “who’s who” of innovators in behavioral health, your first stop might be the nominees for Scattergood Foundation’s fifth-annual Innovation Awards.
The foundation has nominated five programs, largely from Greater Philadelphia (with two organizations from New England), but they’re depending on the public to decide who gets the award — and the $25,000 that accompanies it.
— Scattergood Fdn (@ScattergoodFdn) March 13, 2017
Here’s the slate of nominees:
- Clifford Beers Clinic, Whole-Family Approach to Child Behavioral Health Care — Based in New Haven, Conn., this program recently opened a “hub” for mothers in a local supermarket where they provide stress management and workforce development services.
- Hopeworks ‘N Camden, Youth Healing Team — The program out of the Camden nonprofit is composed of and led by youth themselves. Recently, the team consulted corporate staff at Subaru how to implement trauma-aware training programs.
- Dartmouth Centers for Health and Aging, PeerTECH: Peer and Technology-supported Self-management Intervention — Based in New Hampshire, PeerTECH is a peer-based model for self-managed care, comprised of a smartphone app, in-person sessions and a peer care management dashboard.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Positive Parenting Program to Improve Problem Behaviors in Preschool-Age Children (PriCARE) — This six-week group parenting program is designed to “improve child behavior, strengthen parent-child relationships, and decrease stress” with low-income, disadvantaged populations in mind.
- StreetChange — A mobile crowdfunding app developed by Penn researchers Andrew Siegel and Dan Treglia that allows users to donate directly to people experiencing homelessness.
Voting ends April 4.
From our Partners
From our Partners
That thing you do: What happened around Philly in May and June
The Digital Literacy Alliance wants to lessen the digital divide in advance of Census 2020
The importance of engaging in self-care when faced with trauma
PA Humanities Council helps communities reclaim their stories
Community Legal Services, Inc
PARALEGAL – Homeownership & Consumer Rights UnitApply Now
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Senior Director of Human ResourcesApply Now
Philly Tech Week 2019 will hit a high note
Nominate an inspiring neighbor to be profiled by Broke in Philly partners
Vote now for the first round of 2019 Social Innovations Awards nominees
Nonprofits and startups can win up to $360K at the WeWork Creator Awards
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity