(Gif via givingtuesday.org/logos)
It’s almost here!
Tomorrow is #GivingTuesday, the day when nonprofits around the world encourage their supporters to donate to year-end campaigns and related causes.
Even Facebook is getting in on the game this year: The Gates Foundation has pledged to match up to $2 million donated to nonprofits through the social media platform until that limit is reached (up to $50,000 per nonprofit and $1,000 per fundraiser), and Facebook is waiving all donation fees for the day. Learn all about the nitty-gritty on that here.
First, some of the #GivingTuesday stories we’ve published this year:
- “Grow your #GivingTuesday donations by 15 times in 3 years like this fundraiser“
- “This holiday season, consider the limits of nonprofit giving“
- “It’s October. Is it too late to plan a #GivingTuesday campaign?“
- “This DelCo cause marketing startup is like DealDash for nonprofit fundraising“
- “The inaugural Main Line Day of Giving is May 31, 2018“
For the purposes of this list, we’ve included local organizations that have a specific fundraising campaign or goal for the day. (So, more than posting a “Donate” link in their Thanksgiving newsletters.)
Here are 50 Philly nonprofits looking for your help this #GivingTuesday, in their own words:
- At Rock to the Future, we want to use Giving Tuesday to give thanks for all of our supporters, donors, and volunteers. That’s why we’re throwing you all a party at Howl at the Moon! Join us to watch a performance of the RTTF House Band, mix and mingle with other RTTF supporters and staff, and enjoy some snacks.
- We have a goal this #GivingTuesday to provide 160 new beds to children coming out of homelessness in our Sweet Dreams campaign, because getting a good night’s sleep is hard when you have to do it on the floor.
What do,1,508, 160 and beds have in common. Join us on Giving Tuesday and find out what this all means and how YOU can make a difference in the life of a child. (hint; it is really pretty simple! ) pic.twitter.com/SZgJsAXoey
From our Partners
— PhillyFurnitureBank (@PhillyFurnBank) November 21, 2017
- LSH’s board will match all donations up to $5,000.
- With the help of an anonymous donor who will be matching gifts, we’re hoping to raise $5,000.
- Manor College Trustees will match #GivingTuesday gifts.
.@ManorCollege Trustees will match #GivingTuesday gifts in support our classroom renos & students! I will donate $5 4 each 3 pointer the @manorbluejays Men's BBall team makes in 1 min during 1/2time @ the women's game that night @Generocity #ManorAlumni https://t.co/3X1GCb8vMo
— Kimberly Hamm (@TheSouperMarket) November 20, 2017
- #FillTheHydrant! $10,000 will ensure we can continue to respond and help families with pets affected, missing or injured by fires through the rest of the year.
7. Playworks PA
- We have a group of supporters who will match every donation up to $5,000.
- We are collecting paper products all over Chester County to create a massive #WinterWhiteOut and raising money to prevent homelessness — if 100 people give $10, we could prevent two more families from getting evicted.
- CASA of Philadelphia has been asked to accept 79 new priority cases from Family Court, and we simply need the funds to deploy our services. So, we’ve set out to raise $15,000 between Giving Tuesday and year-end 2017.
@Generocity @CASAofPhilly is participating in #GivingTuesday to raise funds to support more children in foster care with volunteer advocates in Philadelphia's foster care system. Children are waiting! Help us get volunteers for children on the wait list. https://t.co/hZH3wwrDqG
— CASA of Philadelphia (@CASAofPhilly) November 27, 2017
10. Philly VIP
- VIP’s #GivingTuesdayChallenge is all about balancing the scales of justice! In honor of VIP’s 36th year, our goal is to raise $36,000 in our end-of-year push.
- On #GivingTuesday, help FINANTA raise $10,000 to support its crucial financial inclusion work in the Philadelphia region. Donate to FINANTA for#GivingTuesday, starting today and ending Thursday, November 30th. Give what you can and potentially double the impact of your donation! FINANTA’s president will match all#GivingTuesday donations up to $5,000.
- Help us reach our goal of $5,000 to help our campaign #ATreeGrowsInPhilly. Help by spreading the word/sharing our posts; donate Tues. Nov 28; give your time! Volunteer at Lardner’s 12-3 on Nov 28.
Hey #Holmesburg! #GivingTuesday is Nov 28 Help us reach our goal of $5K to help our campaign #ATreeGrowsInPhilly . Help By: Spreading the word/share our posts; Donate Tues Nov 28 every dollar helps; Give your time! Volunteer at Lardner's 12-3 on Nov 28 #ATreeGrowsInHolmesburg pic.twitter.com/sy0Lm9oPUx
— DRCC (@DelawareRiverCC) November 21, 2017
- The Youth Arts Workshop continues to fill an increasing need for safe, constructive out of school time space for youth and provides an important environment to share cultural experiences and to create cross-cultural understanding through artmaking. On #GivingTuesday, November 28, help us reach our goal of $10,000 to jump start our 6-week summer camp.
- One of our amazingly generous board members will match all donations to the Law Center $1-for-$1 up to $8,000.
- A generous donor will again be matching all donations made on #GivingTuesday, up to $2,000.
- For #GivingTuesday we are posting about our efforts to #GivePhillyJustice. We believe justice is a state achieved when all members of the community give towards the common goals of fairness, equity, and dignity.
@Generocity For #GivingTuesday we are posting about our efforts to #GivePhillyJustice. We believe justice is a state achieved when all members of the community give towards the common goals of fairness, equity, & dignity. Support our work and let us know how u #GivePhillyJustice
— PLA (@Phila_Legal) November 22, 2017
17. Help Hope Live
- We look forward to celebrating #GivingTuesday by waiving the credit card fees all day on November 28 for ALL donations made in honor of Help Hope Live families.
18. Mastery Charter
- We’re asking people to help our schools on #GivingTuesday by buying and donating an item from our Amazon wish list.
19. ACCT Philly
- The Animal Care & Control Team of Philadelphia (ACCT Philly) is encouraging animal lovers across the city and beyond to make a donation this #GivingTuesday, November 28th, to the shelter’s medical fund for homeless pets, the Stella Fund. The Stella Fund provides simple yet lifesaving veterinary care, diagnostics, and procedures to sick and injured pets, giving them a second chance.
20. Mütter Museum
- We are including this limited edition Mütter pin set with the next 100 Individual or Family membership purchases, renewals, or gifts of membership!
#GivingTuesday has us on pins and needles – so we're starting early this year!
We are including this LIMITED EDITION Mütter-themed enamel pin set with the next 100 Individual or Family membership purchases, renewals, or gifts of membership!https://t.co/6FVJKCme8O pic.twitter.com/gFr8Wle8YJ
— Mütter Museum (@MutterMuseum) November 22, 2017
21. Jobs for Justice
- Become a monthly sustainer today and a generous donor will immediately match every dollar you donate through the next year.
- On #GivingTuesday, Child Advocates staff, Board members, donors and friends will gather to kick off Toy Drive season of giving. Guests are encouraged to bring a toy and join us for refreshments throughout the day. Child Advocates has set a lofty goal for #GivingTuesday — hoping to raise $10,000 for abused and neglected children in need.
- A coalition of groups on Lesvos who support refugeees are partnering with U.S. organizations to get urgently needed supplies to refugees at the Moria Camp. Join us in purchasing urgently needed supplies and spread the word on social media with the hashtag #WeWill.
— NeedsList (@NeedsList4Good) November 27, 2017
- The first 15 new CSFP donors from now until the end of the year will have their gift matched by a CSFP donor.
- Help #GrowYB and meet our single day goal of $2,000 from 25 gifts.
26. Coded by Kids
- Help us give the gift of tech education to the students of Willard Elementary School in Kensington. By joining the movement, you’ll be giving students in 3rd and 4th grade the opportunity to learn technology skills through our coding program. Together, we can ensure that these students have a safe space to learn how to reason, problem-solve, and think out-of-the box using technology. Our goal is to raise $1,000 on Giving Tuesday, to unlock a $1,000 match from a generous donor.
Just 1 Day left til #GivingTuesday! @codedbykids is gearing up to bring coding programs to Willard School students but we need your help to reach our $1,000 goal and unlock the $1,000 match – Are you on board? https://t.co/ZpCYigAw4o pic.twitter.com/6286XYFwoI
— Coded by Kids (@codedbykids) November 27, 2017
27. Urban Creators
- Thanks to our partnership with PHL Assembled, we will be installing a brand new 30ft Geodesic Dome at Life Do Grow! With your help, we will be able to install and retrofit the FREE(DOME) in the spring of 2018 to house our programming, events, and more.
- TechGirlz is hosting a Twitter chat from the @TechGirlzorg handle on Giving Tuesday from 12-1 p.m. @JoeyFortman from @RealityMoms will join TechGirlz to talk about #TechToyz as holiday gifts that can get your young daughter excited about STEM earlier.
- Like last year, I’ll be donating all of the profits from the map sales to local nonprofits from Thanksgiving through Giving Tuesday. That means that your purchase of a map will help to support all of the following organizations: Philadelphia Wooden Boat Factory, Marian Anderson Historical Society, SEAMAAC, Red Paw Relief and Students Run Philly Style.
— Philly Love Notes (@phillylovenotes) November 27, 2017
- Kicking off Giving Tuesday, our goal from November 28th — December 28th is to raise $50,000 to increase the number of Scholars at Highly and Most Selective Colleges and Universities from 26% to 40% over the next 5 years by enhancing and expanding our enrichment and advising from 4th grade through college. Thanks to the generosity of The Tuttleman Foundation, all donations up to $50,000 will be matched.
- By donating in increments of $25.00, $50.00, $100.00 or $500.00, supporters will be able to provide a family in need with a crib sheet and sleep sack, safe sleep practices education, one national safety rated crib or five cribs for multiple families in need. Once donors have made their donation, we encourage them to use the hashtag #PASafeSleep and share a picture of themselves including a caption of the item their donation will go toward.
32. Twist Out Cancer
- Donations made to Twist Out Cancer on Giving Tuesday between $25 and $99 will receive a $25 match; donations between $100 and $499 will receive a $100 match; and donations $500 and above will receive a $500 match from The Coleman Foundation.
— twistoutcancer (@twistoutcancer) November 27, 2017
33. ROAR for Good
- For every Athena we sell on Tuesday, we’re giving $20 to The Representation Project and 50% of the proceeds from our sweatshirt sales. Our “Hear me ROAR” Sweatshirts are $35 each.
34. We Are the Seeds
- Our fundraising goal is $5,000.
- We’re asking folks to opt-in to our Recurring Giving Circle — and playfully referring to the day as #RecurringGivingTuesday. Just as our participants’ goals add up and are transformational over time, recurring support — in any amount — adds up to a lot, too.
- All week, you can follow along with PHC on Facebook and Twitter to find out how the humanities can unite a community. Between now and November 28, we’ll be sharing mini-stories using the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #HumanitiesSparkChange to highlight how PHC puts the humanities in action to inspire positive change across Pennsylvania.
#GivingTuesday mini-story: Chester Made held a workshop called Broken Pieces to revalue found objects & create mixed-media work. Participants of all ages discussed how we can all reclaim & rebuild ourselves & our communities. #HumanitiesSparkChange https://t.co/NqCoDIRRAj pic.twitter.com/82U1kBbmj8
— PAHumanities Council (@PAHumCouncil) November 24, 2017
- Hungry for Better Health, a program of Benefits Data Trust, asks you to support its efforts to feed our most vulnerable neighbors this holiday season. Help us reach our goal of raising $30,000 to help 30,000 families eat next year by donating to BDT.
- Buy a children’s book and donate the book to our Jacoby Book Bank.
— Philadelphia READS (@PhilaReads) November 21, 2017
Other orgs that are participating, but don’t have #GivingTuesday-specific campaigns:
- Child’s World America
- Casa de Venezuela
- Peirce College
- Spruce Foundation
- Vox Populi
- Women Organized Against Rape
- Neighborhood Bike Works
- Fund for the School District of Philadelphia
- Fairmount Park Conservancy
Plus, some things we think are cool — this:
— Trish Downey (@patdowney4) November 27, 2017
— SERVE Philadelphia (@SERVEPhila) November 24, 2017
And we’ll count this, too:
Psst: That week is our WPPM fall FUNd Drive. Only our TV station receives funding through the cable franchise so please help the radio station keep up! https://t.co/KMZJCYbbBn
— PhillyCAM (@PhillyCAM) November 20, 2017
Did we miss anything? Let us know — @Generocity or email@example.com.
- Greater Philadelphia Campaign for Hunger — Instead of looking for a specific dollar amount, we are looking to add 30 people to the ranks of “Hunger Fighter” in honor of the more than 300,000 people in Philly that are food insecure.
- Norris Square Neighborhood Project — Our goal is to raise funds to support the #FreedomExplorationProject, our theme for the year. Funds will support high-school youth activities as they identify what #freedom means to them!
- Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia — Our goal is 30 new members to kick off our year-end goal of 300 new members! To keep it fun — which is one of the Bicycle Coalition’s values — everyone who gives a gift will get a chance to win a great prize pack from bike-friendly bar Tattooed Mom.
- Chester County Fund for Women and Girls — Your support on #GivingTuesday allows us to continue educating and inspiring high school girls through our GAB programming.
- Career Wardrobe — Our 2017 annual giving campaign kicks off on #GivingTuesday and runs through the New Year. Our goal is to raise $10,000 online to support our work to provide #MoreThanClothes to 5,000 individuals in the Philadelphia region this year. In addition to showcasing our work and impact tomorrow, we are also planning some fun giveaways.
- Angel Flight East — In honor of the 25th Anniversary, we are holding an #AFEturns25 campaign to encourage donors to make a contribution of $25, $250, $2,500 or as much as they can give. At the end of the day, Angel Flight East staff and the Whitpain Tavern will host a happy hour to celebrate, with a portion of the sales going back to Angel Flight East. To go along with the “25” theme, there will be .25 wings and $2.50 drafts.
- Next City — News Match, the largest grassroots fundraising campaign to support nonprofit news organizations, has generously offered to double any donations made today, up to $1,000 per donation. The Wyncote Foundation will match the first $10,000 we raise as well, tripling your impact. To maximize this match, we’ve set a goal of $2,000 in one day.
- Broad Street Ministry — Whole Foods Market Center City and South Street will donate $1 to BSM for every coffee and tea beverage sold in their cafés on Tuesday, November 28. The Franklin Fountain will be donating 100% of the proceeds from hot fudge sundae sales from November 20th to November 28th. You can also stop by the following coffee shops to leave us a tip on November 28th, Metropolitan Bakery in Rittenhouse, any Rival Bros. Coffee location and Greenstreet Coffee. Good Karma Café’s Wilma Theater location will be donating 10% of their net sales to us on November 28th.
- Sunday Suppers — We are making final plans to open our second site. To be ready to launch in less than two months we need to purchase the necessary kitchen and dining room equipment, materials and food. When you make your donation today, your donation will go towards that goal. Thanks to a generous matching grant of $5,000, all donations made today will be doubled.
- Vision 2020 — All donations made this Giving Tuesday will be matched up to $2,020.
- Philadelphia Printworks — For #givingtuesday we’re donating 25% of all sales to the Lakota Nation Boxing Gym! The gym, located on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota, is the home to The Lakota Lady Warriors. A fire destroyed their gym earlier this year and they need help rebuilding it.
- Bethesda Project — On #GivingTuesday only the YouGiveGoods Foundation will donate 10% cash to Bethesda Project for every order of $50+.
- Independence Mission Schools
- Ralston Center
- Valley Youth House
- Delaware Valley Association for the Education of Young Children
- Sunday Breakfast Rescue Mission
- Freire Charter Schools
- Mighty Writers
- Fleisher Art Memorial
- Tiny WPA
- Songs in the Key of Free
- Tree House Books
- Youth Service, Inc.
- Prometheus Chamber Orchestra
- Mural Arts
From our Partners
Will philanthropy commit to racial equity progress?
Nonprofit fundraisers: this is your moment
By sunsetting, the Douty Foundation makes a strong case for limited-life philanthropy
Be the leader to bring a 26-year mission into the future in Chester County
Scribe explores oral history in ‘Power Politics’ series, funds emerging media makers
6 things we know about you
Adult learners need digital literacy, too
Village of the Arts seeks to deepen and scale its impact as it reflects on its legacy
Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) Philadelphia
Program Officer, Equitable NeighborhoodsApply Now
University City Science Center
Development AssociateApply Now
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity