On the market: 24 openings across the nonprofit sectorMarch 18, 2020 Category: Featured, Long, Purpose
On the Market is a column where we highlight noteworthy job openings. Want to be featured on our jobs board? Check out generocity.org/jobs.
Public Health Management Corporation — one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation — has five job openings:
- Fulltime interviewer — the Research & Evaluation Group at Public Health Management Corporation (R&E Group) is seeking someone to conduct survey data collection and reporting activities, while fostering strong working relationships between the project team and participants. The interviewer will work on small teams evaluating the outcomes for various grant-funded projects to improve the health related-outcomes of participants.
- Psychiatrist/associate medical director — will provide leadership in psychiatric services in PHMC’s Health Services and Behavioral Health Services division. The candidate will provide direct clinical services as well as ensure that clinical services are integrated into each client’s overall treatment plan, consistent with the program model of care or services. The position provides an opportunity to practice addiction psychiatry across diverse settings and contribute to the cutting edge of integrated medicine.
- Certified medical assistant — performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in a manner that places emphasis on quality of care and customer service. The MA/MR works collaboratively with all Clinical services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and positive attitude. Patients are the key priority in this position requiring the MA/MR to serve as a point of contact, in an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust.
- Turning Points for Children community umbrella agency case manager — Turning Points for Children, an affiliate of PHMC, seeks an individual with extensive experience in human services case management work at the full performance level. An employee in this position performs a variety of counseling, referral, placement and/or adoptive functions related to services for children and youth. This work requires the employee to perform social service functions of an advanced nature involving independent judgment and a significant understanding and application of professional principles and CUA standards.
- Special education teacher — This position is responsible for the instruction of educational programs and curricula for exceptional students at Fairwold Academy. The Special Education Teacher develops and implements the Individual Education Plan (IEP) for each student and collaborates with members of the instructional team in the planning and implementation of behavioral and academic interventions and supports to ensure students receive a quality educational program.
From our Partners
American Friends Service Committee — a Quaker organization committed to social justice, peace, and humanitarian service — has two openings:
- Constituent relations management system manager — serves as primary technical, use-of-application, and resource support person for AFSC’s online constituent relationship management (CRM) system. Provides a technical resource to AFSC’s programs and/or administrative projects and active involvement throughout the implementation of projects and post production processing. Supports and trains CRM users throughout the organization.
- Senior trust accountant — runs the daily accounting of planned gifts, endowments, and other long term investments. Assists the director of trusts & business services daily and in annual audit.
Bebashi Transition to Hope is looking for a data manager. The multi-purpose health and social services agency seeks an individual who will be responsible for overseeing data collection, entry, analysis and quality assurance.throughout the multiple tracking systems that Bebashi utilizes. The data manager will be a highly functioning, detail-oriented, and analytical candidate who can apply statistical and data analysis to identify trends, assess outcomes and solve analytic problems.
Community Legal Services has an opening for a medical-legal partnership paralegal. The nonprofit public interest agency providing free civil legal services to low-income Philadelphia residents is looking for a paralegal for a new Medical-Legal Partnership (MLP) located at Broad Street Ministry, at 315 South Broad Street in Center City. The new MLP paralegal will work with the MLP’s supervising attorney to provide legal advice and representation to Broad Street Ministry’s guests, addressing income supports, health care, criminal records, and identity issues, and as well as additional legal issues.
The Foundation for Delaware County has an opening for a director of institutional support. The mission of the foundation is to create a vibrant future for Delaware County by promoting generosity in and for the people of the county, improving the well-being of residents, and energizing participation and partnership across communities. The director of institutional support is responsible for managing and building the foundation’s portfolio of institutional funders and works in close coordination and communication with the VP for programs to develop and secure all foundation, corporate and government grants associated with the Foundation’s in-house programs.
Pennsylvania Prison Society is looking for a prison monitoring state director. This position is responsible for all of the independent prison monitoring society’s work keeping tabs on county and state correctional facilities throughout Pennsylvania. Supported by field organizers and a corps of 260 highly motivated volunteers, the prison monitoring director makes sure the organization promptly and effectively responds to the several hundred complaints received monthly from incarcerated people and their families.
SpeakUp! — a nonprofit dedicated to helping teens develop supportive relationships with the adults in their lives headquartered in Devon, PA — seeks a development officer. This individual will partner with the executive director and director of finance to develop and execute a comprehensive development plan that positions the organization for growth. They will also work with the executive director and board chair to provide administrative and operational support to develop and optimize the board of directors.
Supportive Older Women’s Network (SOWN) is looking for a clinical supervisor/director of programs. For 35 years, SOWN has extended its many critical services to older adults in the Philadelphia area; the open position oversees, leads, and implements SOWN’s direct services programs including, service delivery and outcomes. The individual who fills this position will partner with the executive director in planning the organization’s strategic direction and evaluating the impact of changing funding sources, among other responsibilities. It is a fulltime, temporary position with the potential for continued, regular employment.
Other jobs available:
- Campus Philly is looking for a director of university relations.
- The City of Philadelphia has various job openings: director of Neighborhood Resource Centers; community services outreach organizer; data collection and reporting analyst; senior energy management analyst; and assistant city solicitor — right-to-know division.
- Compass Working Capital is looking to hire a manager of strategic initiatives and a program assistant.
- Global Citizen has two openings: program manager and program director.
- The School District of Philadelphia is looking for a deputy chief (specialized services).