(Photo by J. Fusco for VISIT PHILADEPHIA)
32BJ SEIU, the largest property service union in the country — encompassing building, food, security and school services — is looking for a Communications Specialist: MID-ATLANTIC REGION. This position will help drive and implement a comprehensive and strategic communications program in key markets in the Union’s twelve-state region. The communications program includes media relations and social media for organizing drives and legislative and political campaigns. The position will be based either in the union’s Philadelphia or Pittsburgh office, but work will be conducted in large part from remotely from home.
The Attic Youth Center
The Attic creates opportunities and creates a safe and supportive community for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Questioning (LGBTQ) youth, and promotes the acceptance of LGBTQ youth in society. The organization is seeking a Part-time Development Assistant who will serve as support to The Attic’s Development Department by overseeing administrative processes that manage the organization’s donor relationships.
Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence
Big Brothers Big Sisters Independence (BBBSI), the largest BBBS agency in the state and fourth largest in the nation, creates and supports one-to-one mentoring relationships with youth, while working collaboratively to strengthen the quality of the mentoring field and close the mentoring gap. BBBSI has two openings:
- Grant Accountant: responsible for processing grant activities and maintaining the financial records in compliance with terms and conditions and audit standards. This position provides accounting support for Federal, State, and Local grants. The position also assists with the grant closing process, reconciling funds and accounts to identify errors or discrepancies and perform general ledger account analysis.
- Human Resources Director: acts as a strategic business partner to senior leadership on a variety of issues, including leadership development and talent management. The HR director will cultivate relationships to ensure that HR delivers value, service excellence and operational efficiency. The person who fills this position must be a deft communicator, fostering respect, trust, and collaboration among team members, and possessing the ability to manage through change with flexibility and poise.
From our Partners
Fairmount Park Conservancy
Fairmount Park Conservancy exists to champion Philadelphia’s parks — leading capital projects and historic preservation efforts, fostering neighborhood park stewardship, attracting and leveraging investments, and developing innovative programs throughout the 10,200 acres that include Fairmount Park and more than 100 neighborhood parks around the city. The Conservancy has four openings:
- Community Program Coordinator: the ideal candidate will have experience planning a variety of events and programs, be an excellent communicator, and have a strong and collaborative work ethic. Familiarity with Philadelphia’s diverse neighborhoods, relevant volunteer or civic engagement experience, and a strong interest in parks and public spaces are also ideal. This position will oversee the We Walk PHL program — a free walking group program in Philadelphia parks — and support other community programs at the Conservancy.
- Development Manager: plays a crucial role within the organization, including oversight of the donor database and moves management, managing the annual campaign, and developing and writing institutional fundraising proposals and reports. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and organizational skills and must be able to manage multiple deadlines.
- TreePhilly Program Coordinator: coordinates and implements all aspects of the Community Yard Tree Giveaway Program, supports other TreePhilly services, initiatives and partnerships and supports other FPC programming initiatives. This position will be an integral part of a small team administering year-round urban forestry programming to communities across Philadelphia with a focus on community engagement and environmental justice.
- Facilities & Landscape Manager: responsible for carrying out the policies and priorities relating to the historic properties, landscapes and material assets under the control of the Fairmount Park Conservancy. As a newly created position, orientation for the role will be provided by the Fairmount Park Conservancy leadership team for the first three to six months.
Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund
Founded in 1976, the Kelly Anne Dolan Memorial Fund provides financial support, educational content and respite programming to families struggling with the financial and emotional challenges of caring for severely ill, injured or disabled child(ren). The Fund is seeks to fill the position of Development Director. The ideal candidate would work on all aspects of fundraising and donor relations for the small nonprofit, contributing to each of its fundraising channels, including major gifts, annual appeals, grants, events, and planned giving.
The National Liberty Museum
The National Liberty Museum, which brings liberty to life through exhibitions, educational experiences and public programming that inspires visitors to think about liberty as an ongoing human quest, is looking for a Sponsorship and Events Fundraiser. This is a sales-oriented position and requires an entrepreneurial and results-oriented professional with a successful track record in nonprofit fundraising or relevant for-profit sales to advance contributed revenue and sponsorship goals.
Philadelphia Youth Network, Inc
PYN coordinates partners that connect young people to education and employment experiences, equipping them with the skills employers need. As a result, PYN creates a system of services that help young people become successful, creating a diverse local talent pipeline. There are five openings currently at the organization:
- Project Manager, Continuous Improvement (OST): design and implement high quality training, professional development and technical assistance for partners and direct service providers connected to the Office of Children and Families (OCF).
- Associate, Communications and Outreach: responsible for supporting PYN’s efforts to promote the organization’s programs and efforts locally, regionally, and nationally with the goal of creating more opportunities to improve the educational and economic outcomes of young Philadelphians.
- Staff Accountant: responsible for maintaining PYN’s accounting and compliance policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure grant compliance and accountability at providers’ level.
- Grants Manager: responsible for maximizing PYN’s institutional giving program and contributing to the overall organizational fundraising budget, with a primary focus on identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts from a portfolio of private foundations, corporate foundations, individuals, and select public agency investors.
- Associate, Education and Workforce Policy and Strategy: supports department wide efforts for the Education and Workforce Policy & Strategy department. This includes supporting citywide cross-sector collaborative efforts aimed at reducing the youth disconnection rate via new collaborative projects, including funding proposal development and management, implementation support for partner initiatives, and policy agenda development and implementation and stakeholder engagement to support youth education and workforce systems.
Public Health Management Corporation
With more than 350 programs across the public health sphere, PHMC provides “wrap-around services” for its almost 350,000 clients annually (read more about PHMC’s company culture here). The organization is looking to fill five positions:
- Web-Focused Graphic Designer: This role is a contributor to the creative team’s vision and strategy, responsible for conceptualizing and executing high-quality creative design work, with particular focus on web design and development, in coordination with the department’s initiatives to support PHMC and its family of programs and subsidiaries.
- Psychiatrist: provide leadership in psychiatric services in PHMC’s Health Services and Behavioral Health Services division. The candidate will provide direct clinical services as well as ensure that clinical services are integrated into each client’s overall treatment plan, consistent with the program model of care or services.
- CUA CASE MANAGER: Turning Points for Children an affiliate of The Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) seeks a Case Manager with extensive experience in human services case management work at the full performance level.
- Emotional Support Special Education Teacher: responsible for the instruction of educational programs and curricula for exceptional students. The Emotional Support Special Education Teacher develops and implements the Individual Education Plan (IEP) for each student.
- Case Management Supervisor: Turning Points for Children an affiliate of The Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) seeks a Case Management Supervisor. The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the activities of, and gives consultation and direction to the case managers engaged in performing a variety of counseling, referral, placement and/or adoptive functions related to services to children and youth in the CUA.
Share Food Program
Share Food Program, a nonprofit organization focused on eradicating food insecurity in the Philadelphia Region through food distribution, education, and advocacy, is looking for a Development Manager. This position supports Share’s Director of Development in expanding fundraising revenue from foundation, corporate and individual donors, and events. Responsibilities include researching new foundation and corporate funding opportunities, maintaining donor records and cultivation assignments, supporting foundation proposal and report development, and helping to plan and implement fundraising events.
United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) aims to meaningfully and measurably reduce intergenerational poverty in the region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers. There are two positions open at this organization:
- Digital Marketing & Communications Associate: responsible for planning and implementing the overall organization’s digital, social media and website strategy to increase brand awareness, nurture leads and establish brand in a competitive marketplace.
- Creative Services & Communications Associate: responsible for bringing mission to life through visual storytelling and graphic design. This includes creating engaging and high-quality visual content across all mediums.
- Audubon is seeking a Vice President and Executive Director, Audubon Mid-Atlantic.
- Authentic Campaigns is seeking a Front End Developer.
- The City of Philadelphia is looking to fill two positions: Assistant Deputy Commissioner, Education, Community Engagement, and Government Affairs and Community Preparedness Program Manager,
- LaunchCode Philadelphia has two openings: Market Director and Company Relations Manager.
- New Voices for Reproductive Justice is looking for a Voice Your Vote Project Director.
- OIC of America is seeking a Pre-Release Manager.
- The School District of Philadelphia is seeking a Deputy – Employee and Labor Relations
From our Partners
On the market: One word to describe nonprofit opportunities now
Peirce College launches accelerated degree to help Philly’s displaced workers through the post-pandemic recovery
On the market: 20 opportunities to flip the script
On June 17, First Person Arts and EMOC launch a virtual event they hope will shatter misperceptions of men of color
Gift of Life Donor Program
Digital Media SpecialistApply Now
The Village of Arts and Humanities
Program Manager, Youth and Young Adult ProgramsApply Now
The Village of Arts and Humanities
Senior Project Manager: Byrne Criminal Justice Project, Advancing Equity Through Public SafetyApply Now
PAR-Recycle Works continues to collect e-waste and transform lives at its new Hunting Park facility
Does your organization’s IRL office matter anymore?
Jobs are key to the build back effort — but will they bring economic equity?
Good food + good people + good cause = good times
The Village of Arts and Humanities
Communications SpecialistApply Now
The Pew Charitable Trusts
Associate I, Philadelphia Research and Policy InitiativeApply Now
The Village of Arts and Humanities
Village ArtsApply Now
Sign-up for daily news updates from Generocity